Neath Hill Health Centre

Neath Hill Health Centre, 1 Tower Crescent, Neath Hill, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 6JY

16th November 2017

The receptionist with glasses who seems to always be there is as unhelpful as a spoon at cutting steak. She's Rude and speaks so loud everyone in the waiting area knows why your there and your name which is unprofessional. The doctors seem to change each week so you never seem to see the same one.

26th July 2018
Response from Neath Hill Health Centre

Hi Sorry for my late response, we have had a lot of changes within the practice. I am sorry that you felt the receptionist was unhelpful. I have highlighted your comment in meetings that I have had with the reception staff. We installed a music system in December-17, and generally have radio 2 playing in the patient waiting area. We now have a lead GP who we employed in December-17 and 4 regular GP's. I would like to thank you for your feedback.

23rd October 2017

I would like to say that Margaret one of the receptionist is absolutely spot on, nothing is too much for her. She is very kind and always understanding and if she can will do her upmost for you to be seen by a doctor or nurse. Also my daughter feels the same as me.

26th July 2018
Response from Neath Hill Health Centre

Hi sorry for my late response, we have had a lot of changes within the practice. Thank you for your lovely comment, I will pass this onto Margaret.

12th October 2017

I attended surgery wishing to discuss a longstanding medication which had not been reviewed in three years. Not unreasonable I thought. However, the Doctor (who was unknown to me) declined to discuss it. The consultation didn't start well, she didn't respond to my knocking on the door and when I entered, crossed the room and sat down, continued to totally ignore me and carried on reading. In the end I spoke to her and she looked up. Her manner was disinterested, dismissive and unpleasant. I have been registered with the practice in excess of 35 and rarely need to attend, so to be treated so abysmally is very disappointing.

26th July 2018
Response from Neath Hill Health Centre

Hi Sorry for my late response, we have had a lot of changes within the practice. I am sorry you encountered a difficult consultation with this particular GP. We now have a lead GP who we employed in December-17 and 4 regular GP's. I would like to thank you for your feedback.

11th August 2017

Fantastic surgery. Receptionist are always very helpful. Most staff have been in post for many many years, and they are all very efficient. There is never a problem getting an appointment. I would like to see the same GP as I had been able to before. Keep up the good work.

30th June 2017

I needed to see a doctor fairly urgently as a temporary resident as I live with my boyfriend but have to stay registered at my old doctors an hour away due to complex mental health issues. Normally going to my own doctors is not an issue but I went to the urgent care centre at MK hospital on Sunday and was told I had a completely perforated eardrum and to watch out for signs of infection. If I had any signs to straight away go and see a doctor. I am in a great deal of pain and cannot hear out of the affected ear at all so therefore could not drive to my own doctors. The receptionist was extremely rude and dismissive both to my boyfriend on the phone and then to us when we went in to fill out the temporary resident forms before being able to make an appointment. My boyfriend had gone online to the neath hill Health centre website and printed off a temporary resident form for me to fill out hoping it would save some time as well as a booklet on the services offered at the centre. The receptionist told us in a very accusing tone (and even checked with practice manager who also said it in a condescending tone which we overheard) that he did not get it from their website as they don't do those forms on there.... near enough her exact words! I checked myself after getting home and that exact form is on the website! The fact the practice manager even said he did not get it from the website in such a manner knowing she could be overheard is appalling and demonstrates a huge lack of knowledge of her practice and therefore shows lack of competency in her job role. The receptionist behaved as if it was a huge issue to search for my name on the system and seemed very put out when i didnt know my NHS number and very rudely asked if i had any other name i could be under as there were too many results and the practice manager who came over during this whole procedure was completely ignorant and dismissive even though she could hear the unacceptable way the receptionist was treating me. She seemed completely put out that i had caused her a bit of work. A further note... this was 8.15 in the morning.... there was no-one in the surgery and no-one calling either so it wasn't as if she was rushed off her feet or had a stressful day. I have been to see other doctors surgeries under temporary resident and have not been subjected to such rudeness or disregard before. As a young woman who suffers greatly from mental health issues, it was already causing me huge anxiety being in a place I did not know and being treated like I was completely in the wrong for seeking medical help from the local doctors just exacerbated my anxiety and made me feel very unwelcome and in The wrong. The way I was dealt with is inexcusable and should not be tolerated... people can not help becoming unwell and cannot necessarily make it back to their own doctors and they should not be penalised for that. Also the receptionists should be made aware they do not know what people are dealing with or what conditions patients might have and should bare this in mind when dealing with people. The doctor I saw was lovely and very helpful so I cannot fault the service I got from him.