Mayfield Medical Group

Mayfield Medical Group, Park Road, Jarrow, Tyne & Wear, NE32 5SE

Mayfield Medical Group

7th February 2019

I have received exceptional care from both Dr Aval and Dr Cordner. and also would like to praise the excellent staff on reception. It's now 10yrs since I changed over to Mayfield Medical Centre, and it was the best move I could have made. All the receptionists are good, very helpful at all times, but now I find that one of them is moving to another, non medical related job. GOOD LUCK VICKY, and THANK YOU for the 8yrs of superb care you gave me. Without fail, you always went that extra mile to help patients, and always with a smile! We'll certainly miss you.

3rd December 2018

29th August 2018

Easy accessible friendly helpful staff, offering a speedy responsive service to your needs. I would highly recommend this practice to family and friends.

10th June 2018

I had to leave this GPs due to complete loss of faith. It had been a great practice when Dr Dias was still there, but then the whole telephone triage system and nightmare in securing an appointment became too much. I had veins popping up all over my arms and chest and GP tried to diagnose over the phone before agreeing to an appointment. Then I was told, even though there was no evidence of it, that I must have pulled something. I had to return a couple of weeks later as my face was swelling up every morning and I had a lump in my collar bone. I was told it must be an allergy and, despite already being on antihistamines, was given more. Further to this, I was told not to return for at least 4 weeks!!! I left the practice and joined a new one - it saved my life! My symptoms were classic Superior Vena Cava Syndrome as a result of Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma - a life-threatening illness. If I had been able to see the same GP each time, they might have put two and two together and caught it. Each time I needed an appointment, it felt like I'd have had more luck securing a face to face meeting with the Queen than getting in to see a GP. I complained to the practice and told them I had left due to lack of faith and serious errors on their part. I got a reply from Dr Bedi expressing his disappointment with ME having left the practice. No apology! Pleased I left.

15th April 2018

Reception staff are excellent, making the arrangements for appointments or triage calls so simple. Mayfield stands out as one practice where if you need to see a doctor urgently, you will be given an appointment the same day, as long as you call reception early (8.30am start).

{{category}} working at Mayfield Medical Group ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Mayfield Medical Group: http://iwgc.net/ejehp