Maryport Group Practice

Maryport Health Services

28th September 2016

All excellent.

29th September 2016

I have been a patient at Maryport Group Practice my whole life, & I'm disappointed to say that standards have slipped a LOT. You can see by the 4.5 star rating that this practice used to be excellent, but I've had multiple recent bad experiences there. Firstly, it has become impossible to get an appointment. What is the system for getting appointments? I have rang the surgery at 8am on the dot, heard multiple automated "you are in queue position 7" messages, held for 20 minutes, & finally spoke to the reception staff. The first thing they say is "There are no appointments." So I ask when there will be any appointments, by phone or at the surgery. They say they have appointments left with a "Advanced Nurse Practitioner." No options are given if you require a GP. I am writing this review because today, after ringing at 8am, getting an appt with a nurse practioner, her telling me I need to see a Dr, me waiting for 3 weeks which is completely unacceptable, and me turning up at the correct time & the correct date, only to be told I've "actually missed my appointment due to a mistake at reception." No-one should have to be treated this badly. Is this the system if you find a worrying lump, a mole, or some other symptom that just cannot be treated by a nurse, no matter how highly trained they are? I feel abandoned, let down, & like I have no options for any sort of care at all, since I can't even book a Dr's appointment, which I need to grant me any sort of access at all to the wider NHS.

Rating not given.

27th August 2016

Doc money was very understanding about all my health issues he was very friendly like always and over a period of time as always made me feel positive about moving forward. He is also very supportive. Thanks doc money.

27th August 2016

Emergency appointment - virtually no waiting time. It was obvious the doctor had read my medical history. Very professional.

27th August 2016

The doctor took time to go through, what I was telling her and made sure I was OK about my treatment before I went home.