Manor Park Medical Centre

High Street, Polegate, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 5DJ

Also known as: Hampden Park Surgery

Manor Park Medical Centre

21st February 2016

Since I joined this surgery I have nothing but praise for the help I have been given by the GPs, nurses and reception. The only difficulty is that it is not always easy to get an appointment, obviously they are a very busy practice.

21st April 2015

I have been with this surgery for two years. In spite of what is stated on here I was not offered any health check up indeed i had to ask the allocated doctor to check my blood pressure on my first visit. On my second appointment and even before i enquired whether my medical records had been received I was offered by my allocated GP the information that they had not.I wrote to my previous GP in Seaford Health Centre who wrote back to me and had actually called this surgery and was told they had received my records well before i was told that they had not!!!! Last WE i put through letter box a request for repeated prescriptions on the given forms and included a summary-today I received prescription of 1 out of 6 that I requested! Previous time, i took the prescriptions to the chemist who could not dispense because the prescriptions were not signed! these are not one off incidents -the very first time i had renewed prescriptions i was given them by the receptionist only to go home and find out they were not signed,other times the doses are not as requested so i have to go repeatedly to the surgery for individual medicines at different times... I suffer from various conditions amongst them fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.I requested a referral and monitoring of my conditions but my allocated GP said there was nowhere around that I could have diagnosis and treatment and was not forthcoming at all about getting the right info and act upon it as i feel I am entitled to...Lack of interest ,knowledge and motivation to help,lack of empathy. I went into a phase of depression after that appointment,as i felt left on my own to deal with my chronic pain and chronic fatigue so never went back...just requested prescription renewal-apparently even that cannot be efficiently done.. I am so disheartened that I am considering relocating back to seaford just for the surgery because my physical and mental fatigue make it hard to deal with silly mistakes and lack of interest in my health problems... Here i would like to add that the one time that I saw Dr Brierley the attitude was different and indeed i was pleased and left with the feeling of having really been listened by him..thank you for that... :-) Back to the surgery tomorrow and will wait there until somebody signs myprescription for Bisoprolol at least (for my heart) which i need to take right away as have run out of... :-(

2nd March 2015

I have always had good experiences at this surgery and find all the staff, nurses and doctors to be very helpful.

19th February 2015

I had an appointment with a locum (Dr. Lewis) at 9.00a.m. this morning. I was called in on time. ( Now I know why). We discussed my initial problem and he decided that no action was necessary. He suggested that I come back if the symptoms became worse. I said that I needed to discuss another problem. He said that my appointment had run out of time and therefore the second problem could not be dealt with. Apparently he is limited to ten minutes per person, something I find shameful. Surely a consultation should take as long as is necessary. Is this normal practice? Now I have to make a further appointment, which takes more administration and time for everyone involved. Manor Park surgery have been offering great service to me over the last seven months. This is the only bad experience I have had.

2nd January 2015

I have had the worst experience with rudeness to they don't even answer the phone!! It constantly says engaged which it isn't! I have never known a doctors surgery that you have to book a month in advance for the appointments !! How do you know you would be ill in a month? Also how can we call at 8.30 to book an appointment when they never answer the phone!!!!! Completely disgusting and the lowest rate ever! I would not recommend this to anybody at all! I have a child and what if their ill shall I just keep booking every month until I actually need the appointment! Completely let down!!

{{category}} working at Manor Park Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Manor Park Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb66a