Lostock Medical Centre

431 Barton Road, Stretford, Manchester, N/a, M32 9PA

20th March 2019

I have being going there for years and i hated going to see Doctor Archer. I came in about 6 years ago and he accused me of faking it to get out of school because i was being 'bullied'. I didn't go back after that and then when i had a breakdown last year, i tried to get an appointment and they said i wasn't an urgent case and dismissed me making an appointment. I ended up going to Trafford General to be seen and they got me an appointment at the doctors on the same day. I ended up getting another doctor called Dr Megahead, i told him about my feelings and the way i was thinking. He put me on antidepressants and told me to come back a week later. I went back for my appointment, i had both Dr Archer and Dr Megahead and they got my off the antidepressants and said that 'kind words' will heal me. They didn't seem to care about my depression and looked at me like i was attention seeking. Ever since then i haven't been back and it's made me feel much worse that i didn't have the help i needed. I really don't recommend them as the doctors and staff are rude and make you feel uncomfortable.

5th February 2019

Do not join this practice unless you enjoy dealing with unhelpful, passive aggressive reception staff. The surgery offers a Drop In surgery which I used for the first time recently. However, due to a mix up with the number I was given I ended up waiting 40 minutes before being told I'd missed my slot and would need to join the back of the queue. The attitude at reception (who made the mistake in the first place) was cold, aloof and uncooperative. I've now registered with a new surgery and yet to discover whether their reception is any better. However, I'm fairly confident it can't be any worse.

25th October 2017

The doctor I saw was very helpful but the staff at the reception are not at all friendly nor helpful.

4th December 2016

I can't say anything bad about the doctors and nurses here. They've all been brilliant each time I have had an appointment. The reception staff can come across as a bit rude sometimes, but apart from that, I can't fault Lostock medical centre

30th September 2015

They need to improve service especially the receptionist staff. I saw the GP on 18/09/2015 and the the GP said I need a blood test, and that I should ring in the evening to find out the results urgently. I rang them and they said their computer isnt working at to ring on 21/09/2015 in the afternoon. I rang and they said they still dont have my results. Again i rang on 22/09/2015 and they still didnt have my results. They rang me on 29/09/2015 and told me the Doctor needed to see me regarding my blood test. They are giving me an appointment for 19/10/2015. I refused and said I will ring early the next day to get anappointment. So I made an appointment and fortunately I got the appointment with the same femake doctor I saw the first time. The Doctor said that they advised the nursing staff to arrange an appointment with patient on 23/09/2015. Because the results of the blood test was positive and I had a really bad infection. When I spoke to my Doctor about how I was getting such a late appointment, she was surprised and said she will speak to the staff and ask them to be careful regarding patients health.

{{category}} working at Lostock Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Lostock Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejj9y