Lavant Road Surgery

Lavant Road Surgery, 8 Lavant Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 5RH

11th April 2018

Many of the doctors at this practice are lovely but it isn't easy trying to get to see one. It's often a 6+ week wait unless you see any doctor in an emergency. There seems to be no system for an ailment which isn't going to kill you today but which really can't wait weeks and weeks. There are notices and phone messages saying you can only discuss one thing with the doctor. If you have multiple health issues it could take months and months to sort them all out. This policy seems positively dangerous to me as the big picture connecting various issues is then missed. More worryingly, test results and consultant letters seem to just be put on file and ignored, even if they show something that needs action. This has happened to me more than once. I recently found out a hospital test result showed I needed treatment only because I happened to remember to ask at an appointment. This isn't good enough. Despite the many helpful doctors I honestly couldn't recommend this practice.

26th September 2017

1st February 2016

Unable to provide same day appointments, unless it can't wait until the next day, only the only night they open late - not convenient at all to a working person, with a young child who lives but doesn't work in Chichester - only solution from the receptionist, was try again tomorrow. I've always had terrible service from the receptionists, all of whom seem to want to make it as difficult as possible to allow you to see a doctor or arrange for a prescription. Looking forward to changing surgery ASAP!

18th February 2015

I have always been able to get a same day appointment for an emergency appointment for me or my children. The Doctors and staff are always friendly and have a smile on their face. The Doctors and nurses come into the waiting room to collect patients. I was able to see my midwife at the surgery. There is also a pharmacy on site which is helpful when ill and just getting home is what is needed.

25th September 2014
Written by a member of staff

All great, with thanks to Lesley and the team!