Knowle House Surgery

4 Meavy Way, Crownhill, Plymouth, England, PL5 3JB Also known as: Knowle House 1 2 3 4 5 14 reviews

1st June 2021

I recently joined Knowle House Surgery, and had my first consultation with with a gp today. Face to face, may I add. My gp is Dr Ray, and he was amazing. He listened to all of my concerns, and examined me accordingly. Then came up with a plan for care going forward. He offered advice and compassion, and was so easy to talk with. I left the surgery today feeling very content. Not only with the outcome, but also his sincerity. Brilliant bedside manner. He was like a breath of fresh air. I felt completely at ease throughout the consultation. Great first impression of this gp.

Nothing could have been done better at all.

19th May 2021

After seeing Helen about diabetes i came out of the surgery,feeling positive and good about myself.What a lovely friendly professional lady.The young lady at reception was really nice too.

nothing really think you are all doing a brilliant job.

15th May 2021

I would like to leave feedback regarding my appointment on 14/5/21. I was booked in for a smear test and I feel that I have to share how fantastic the nurse was who carried out the appointment. I get extremely anxious about having this procedure but the nurse took her time talking to me about my worries, she made me feel like I was in control and she didn't make me feel rushed. I am so disappointed that I can't remember her name but she had short brown hair and my appointment was at 10:15 so hopefully you can use that information to pass on my thanks to her.

I marked down the last rating by 2 stars as it was quite difficult to make an appointment over the phone. Also, I had previously booked my smear test for an earlier date but when I arrived at the surgery there was no record of it at all on the system and I had to go away and ring to book again. As a result I lost a days pay as I had booked it off specifically for my appointment. Booking system could be improved and confirmation of appointments should be sent via text or email to avoid the above. I specifically requested a confirmation text the second time but was told that this was not standard practice.

24th April 2021

They are terrible doctors. Dont listen to you or any concerns. Can’t be bothered to do any diagnostic testing. I feel this surgery bar 2 doctors fob you off.

Listened to your patients, actually be a doctor

24th November 2020

PAfter having a mini stroke a medication change was required. A doctor called and it was agreed that said medication would be at the pharmacy to pick up next day. Pharmacy had not received the prescription so called reception at the surgery and a "token" for the medication was going to be issued. NOW the problem grows. Wrong medication requested by receptionist. I explained this token was wrong to reception and stated what medication and why prescribed and by which doctor and when. This had to be repeated at least 5 or 6 times as she clearly had her own agenda and I was an idiot! I explained I was a nurse and had even been a nurse prescriber and so did actually know what medication was prescribed. Another receptionist was summoned who typically treated me as an idiot who did not know what medications I had been prescribed. I suggested they sort it out and left. On way home a disgruntled receptionist called and after my explaining again twice was asked if I meant a completely different medication as "most patients don't know what they want". End call after my saying again don't call until sorted. Later my GP called to apologise as it had been messed up by the surgery but now corrected. However snotty message received stating my behaviour was un-respectful to nhs and a warning had been put on my notes. My reply is not repeatable! Receptionists here are normally good but the two I dealt with on that day are unhelpful and have a rather overinflated opinion of themselves and their role as stated believe all patients are stupid who font know what they need. Respectful nhs receptionists??????called practice management whose attitude is my staff are always in the right and that patients even if frustrated by poor service and overinflated egos of certain receptionists should not show it!!

Actually listen to.patients and realise frustration caused by arrogant receptionists will cause patients to become upset and angry. Tell a joke people laugh. Tell a sad story people get upset. All emotional responses. Get angry or frustrated when treated in a disregarding unrespectful way and show it, wrong! Would we accept that we cannot show any emotional response!! No.way. as a mental. Health nurse I would not suggest we should not show emotional response as suppression of emotions is harmful!

Experience

{{category}} working at Knowle House Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Knowle House Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecccr