Isca Medical Centre

Cadoc House, High Street, Caerleon, Newport, Gwent Wales, NP18 1AZ

20th September 2019

I very recently, went to the surgery Isca Medical Center, for an emergency appointment, regarding my mental health (I have Autism). The receptionist was fine. My mum was with me, as I'm mentally unable to go on my own. We got called in, to Dr Rebecca Davies, in room no 5. We sat down, and she asked how could she help us. I wasn't in the right state of mind, so my mum asked, Lisa's not coping at all, with her hormones. She has been extremely distressed, for a couple of days. I would really like you to refer her to an Autism specialist. Dr Davies answered, well, I can't just 'transfer her', I need specific symptoms, as to what is happening? What is the emergency that you have come about? I looked at her, in an emotional state, 'it is Autism!!' She then said, 'I dont mean to sound mean', she then kept firing questions after questions at me, knowing what state I was in! Her attitude was basically, 'what do you want? You're wasting my time, this isn't an emergency!!' She finally agreed to refer me, but kept saying that there isn't much help available! When we had finished, we felt numb and it was as if we had been punched in the face!! Doctors, are supposed to be sympathetic, and caring! After the stressful experience, I had to lie down at home. Since then (September 16 2019), I have become more depressed! It's lucky that I wasn't a suicidal patient!! Doctors, nurses etc... Seriously need training in Autism /mental health!!

2nd August 2018

To begin, the reception staff are rude, unprofessional and have no care for patients. They will openly discuss other patient's medical concerns/issues freely and loudly, even when you are waiting to talk to one of them! Also, they will open your personal mail. This happened to me, meaning that I received some very devastating news over the phone from an uncaring receptionist when it should have been a doctor. In this scenario, the member of staff then blamed me for this happening! The doctors see you as a number, nothing more. You will get passed around with no adequate care. For example, one doctor referred me to a specialist that I desperately needed to see. After waiting the allotted 3 month waiting period, I rang the specialist only to be told a referral was never made. The medical centre never even apologized. (I will point out here that I ended up going private - which I obviously could not realistically afford - and was told by specialists that I should have been referred five years prior). The doctors do not have your best interests at heart and will do less than the bare minimum and patient confidentiality is not something they are aware of. I strongly recommend avoiding this practice.

{{category}} working at Isca Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Isca Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ecbti