Ifield Medical Practice

Lady Margaret Road, Ifield, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 0BF

25th April 2018

My experience with the Doctor was brilliant. The Practice Nurse however not so much. I have just been started on Insulin and went to her to be taught how to administer the injections. I got no instruction at all, i expected that i would have an opportunity to 'have a go' at doing it so that she (and I) would be sure i could do it. that didn't happen. neither was I taught or told I had to prep the pen before doing the injection to make sure there were no bubbles (this I learned online). In fact I really got all my information online as she was hopeless. I got the feeling she just wanted to tell me how much i needed to take and get rid of me. I had to prompt her just to tell me how to put the needle on the pen. Maybe she was short of time (although the receptionist said it was an hour long appointment) i was in there maybe 15 minutes. Please check on what the Nurses are going, it is daunting to be put on insulin and the nurses need to make sure the patient is comfortable with the process.

13th September 2017

Absolutely hate going to the doctors as I suffer from anxiety. Had to have a telephone call this morning and the Dr asked me to come in for an appointment. The surgery was clean, the receptionist was lovely and Dr Mohammad was so nice, really thorough, didn't rush me and made me feel as relaxed as I could be. I will definitely make any future appointments with her. Don't know how thrilled she will be as I am an extremely anxious patient. I'm my daughters carer and she has a different surgery in Crawley, Ifield Medical put her surgery to shame. I know not everyone has a good experience but I was really impressed. Thank you.

13th July 2017

I'm the son of John Hillier & rang up on his behalf because he was released from hospital recently & he wanted some help with his insulin, my dad is 95 & after i spoke to the receptionist, she said she would get the doctor to go round to the house & discuss his insulin with him. I found out later it was all done over the phone with not a lot of care or consideration for either his age or his concerns. I want to put in writing how I think this is totally unacceptable & if this is how they treat patients I'm glad I don't live in the Crawley area. The doctor concerned is totally out of order & should take a hard look at themselves.

2nd August 2017
Response from Ifield Medical Practice

The Practice Manager and the Doctor concerned have responded to this carer personally and the issue was resolved satisfactorily for the carer.

13th July 2017

Had an appointment today and it was a complete waste of time. The doctor named something that i had and told me no information about it, how to deal with it or what to do. She just said I was fine and said Bye leaving me no choice but to leave, not knowing any useful information. Will not be seeing this doctor again

2nd August 2017
Response from Ifield Medical Practice

Thank you for providing feedback and we are sorry that you are unhappy following your recent visit. Please can we ask that you ring the Practice and ask to speak directly with the Practice Manager, further information will enable us to look into this issue and put in place processes for improvement.

12th July 2017

I don't often need to visit the surgery other than for collecting prescriptions and medication reviews,but have found the GPs and nurses generally very helpful. However I find the attitude of reception staff quite rude.I have stood at the counter waiting to collect a prescription,while they are sitting at reception,giving me no acknowledgement at all,while they finish what ever they are doing,sometimes taking as long as 5 minutes.It takes nothing,other than good manners,to look up and say"Hi I won't be a moment."I did the job myself for 20 years and always had a good relationship with the patients.

2nd August 2017
Response from Ifield Medical Practice

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we are pleased that you have found the Doctors and Nursing staff to be helpful, we are however concerned about your comments regarding the Reception staff. We regularly provide feedback and training and expect our staff to be polite at all times. Please can we ask that you contact the Practice Manager to discuss this in more detail? This would of course be confidential.