Hollymoor Medical Centre

Manor Park Grove, Northfield, Birmingham, England, B31 5ER 1 2 3 4 5 29 reviews

8th April 2020

My 12 yr old grandson has had PTSD anxiety stress and other issues back in February, he was not good he went school and said how depressed he was and talked of suicide, school rang and said as I'm waiting for appointment with forward thinking, to take him to gp and tell them how hes been, aggressive etc. Book appoint it was 4 weeks later, by then, everything in lockdown, no school, my partner have some severe illnesses and partner has cancer, couldnt get hold of forward thinking, anyway, it was a phone call, I explained about the suicide and everything, go said so what you expect me to do, I cant help, nothing I can interfere with. I was stunned, we've been camhs childrens hospital, and they just didnt want to know, I rang to speak practise manager but she off, so spoke with deputy, she just said eith everything going on it's understandable he may not have meant it that way, but I dont care, you dont just shrug off a 12 yr old talking of committing suicide. I really font care what the practise does but this I'm taking further. If adults having hard time is very bad but a child. They need to think about what that means to a child that the dr will help. Will they? No they bloody dont.

13th February 2020

I've been Tring to get a appointment here for 4 days for my 6 month old about her lactose intolerance the reception staff are so rude on the phone and are no help at all!!!! I ring today to try and get a appointment for myself and my daughter as I'm pregnant and low iron they just told me they didn't have none i spoke to 2 reception staff and they was ridiculously rude!!!I am changing our doctors.

29th January 2020

My mother is 84 and deaf, partially sighted, uses a wheelchair, is registered disabled and currently housebound with carers attending daily to see to her needs. She has a repeat prescription issued by GPs from Holymoor medical centre and regularly needs reviews of this prescription. As she is unable to currently attend the surgery in person I was advised by her nurse and care coordinator that a home visit could be requested from her GP. I explained this to one of the receptionists at the surgery and she said she would pass this on to a doctor as my mother's review is needed and they cannot issue medication without it. I received a call back from the receptionist saying that as my mother had made it to a hospital appointment at the QE over a month ago then she was able to attend the surgery! I was very taken aback and shocked at this comment. The hospital visit had transport provided. I asked the receptionist again to repeat it and said is that really what was said? She replied she was only the messenger and that was indeed what the doctor had said. This is completely lacking in empathy or compassion in my opinion. And very upsetting to hear someone to talk about my mother like this. How cruel and uncaring. It is a shame to witness such cruelty and meaness in staff whom are considered to be in a caring profession. I shall of course be taking this matter further and in the meantime look for recommendations for a different surgery to change to.

{{category}} working at Hollymoor Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hollymoor Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb6po