Hassengate Medical Centre

Southend Road, Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, England, SS17 0PH

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

8th April 2019

Never ever any appointments, new lady in reception totally rude (most of them are, you have to catch them on a good day) honestly looking to go private so my problems can be helped! Doctors are lovely and understanding.

4th April 2019

20th March 2019

I put prescription in for normal BP and Allergy tablets and on two occasions I wasn’t given any notice that a doctor had stopped my allergy tablets. Thinking this was a mistake i had to physically go and ask reception what was happening only to then be told i cant have them. Doctor has stopped these for everyone. Now if this was through a funding crisis, fine i am all there to support however not to be given notice was inconsiderate. Since then I haven’t been able to get them in Boots, Tescos and Morrisons all local to me. Totally out of stock everywhere it seems. Fortunately i am only 69 years young this year so am able to get about to search for these tablets especially so as i am currently self medicating through one of my worst periods of allergies ever. To the point that i am having to take tablets more like every 18 hours as opposed to the recommended 24hours, its that or i cant sleep or get through the day without constant sneezing. I try very hard not to bother the doctors, over potential self medicating symptoms but would have appreciated a heads up on this and now wonder if at any time my BP tablets will get stopped. So luckily as i am active unlike others that this has possibly happened to I can now pop off to Chelmsford to see if they have any. Apart from this i would have said my surgery was great.

22nd October 2018

Dr. O'Doherty provided much needed support through a difficult time at work resulting in my issues being taken seriously by my employers. Many thanks.

8th October 2018

I am an asthmatic and a couple of times a year it flares up usually when I’m run down. Most times this ends up in a trip to a&e as it happens during the weekends or evenings. One episode I managed to get an appointment early one morning with Dr Murphy. I told him I felt generally unwell and my chest felt wheezy and my pumps weren’t touching it. After checking all my obs he basically declared there was nothing wrong with me. BUT as an asthmatic the one thing he didn’t do was check my peak flow breath reading. He sent me away. 4.30pm that day I had to make a trip to a&e where I remained until 2am as my oxygen levels had dropped so low I was hooked up to a nebuliser for 5 hours. Luckily they recovered just about enough for them to release me but I was borderline being admitted. I compare this to the next visit I had for the same thing a few months later. I saw a locum doctor who couldn’t have been more observant and caring. Within 10 minutes I was in the treatment room hooked up to a nebuliser for 30 minutes. I had no idea the surgery had one and he said I can request to use this in future. It did the trick and I was off to work that morning and I wasn’t bothered by my symptoms at all afterwards. Why aren’t the regular gps so forthcoming with this information?? A simple thing as using their in house nebuliser stopped me from having to go to a&e! I know my own body and have been a sufferer for 12 years now I know when something isn’t right and it’s going to escalate! I was not impressed after my visit to dr Murphy and I have not seen him since I have requested other drs.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Hassengate Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hassengate Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ecdch