Gold Street Surgery

Gold Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, England, CB10 1EJ

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

24th July 2018

I had great difficulty signing into the surgery website to order repeat prescriptions. I handed in my manual form and told Tom, the receptionist about my problems. He cleared my account and suggested I register with a new password. Worked well. I was grateful and pleased he had listened to my problem.

9th July 2018

The receptionists Fiona and Christine were kind, patient, helpful and good humoured but also very efficient. The surgery is very lucky to have staff who are considerate to everyone no matter how difficult the patient! They went the extra mile to help me despite the effects of the heatwave which was making everyone else short tempered. I also noticed that they treated other people in the same manner.

9th April 2018

Dismal handling of long-term needs. As someone who takes the same medication every month, they have failed to get my repeat prescriptions to the chemist for three months running. They refuse to join the rest of the country in the digital systems that would allow them to email it to another surgery and insist on using fax. The result is three missed days of work in three months, and the promise of the same thing happening every month for the rest of my life.

28th April 2017

This is a great (GREAT) surgery - the only thing to mark it down would be the online appointment system which only offers appointments a long way into the future. Having said that, even this is probably a positive with regards to there being appointments available last minute when calling first thing in the morning (when really needed, which from the couple of time I have been in this situation I have had no problem being fitted in).

22nd March 2017

Tried for 4 days to get appointment. today when I eventually through at 0830, was told no appointment. Explained to receptionist that I have diabetes and needed to see a go, the response I got was you would need to try again tomorrow. Nice to know you care about patients. 2 of the best doctors left last week and already this surgery is going down the pan. AVOID THIS SURGERY AT ALL COSTS.

3rd April 2017
Response from Gold Street Surgery

We are very sorry indeed that you have had difficulty getting an appointment. However, appointments can also be booked ahead and we always have appointments available for patients who need to see a doctor urgently. The doctor or one of our nurses may phone to assess the urgency of the problem and whether it can resolved without the need for you to come to the surgery. Many can. Appointments can also be booked online. Not many patients opt to do this at the moment, but we will make more online bookable appointments available if there is demand. We can also book appointments on some evenings and weekends at Saffron Walden Community Hospital with doctors who will have access to your notes (assuming you have not opted out of allowing this). All GP surgeries have more demand for appointments than can be met from within current resources. We do our best with the resources available. Although two doctors have left, we have been successful in appointing two experienced practitioners who will be joining the surgery team next month. Please contact us direct if you would like to discuss this further or if you have any suggestions for how the appointment system could be improved. Hugh Weller-Lewis Practice Manager

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »