Gold Street Surgery

Gold Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, England, CB10 1EJ 1 2 3 4 5 43 reviews

12th May 2022

Having caught covid that resulted in heart failure and having to stay with friends out of the area the doctors and more specifically the practice manager refused to send a siMple report so I could claim PIP as I was now “out of area” making my symptoms even worse and leaving me with no money ! This is not the first occasion this surgery has been unhelpful as I asked for callbacks and only get text messages and the practice manager will not see people who wish to complain

Actually helped with completing the form so I have the funds to live and be able to change doctors !

18th February 2022

Please it would be really appreciated if the recepcionists weren't so obviously disturb by the fact that she has to speak with non english native people. They really make me feel like I was stupid just by asking if I didn't need the prescription paper to pick up my medicine. She just kept repeating I had to go Boots without even listening to what I was saying. Sorry for not have much experience with prescriptions! I said thank you and they just stared at me as I was leaving... I will only go back because I need the medicine for my 4 months old baby...

Please respect other nationalities.

21st January 2022

I have never had any issues with Gold Street Surgery. Staff have always been helpful and diligent.

As with ALL healthcare providers at the moment they are struggling because of COVID and I think other patients making their reviews should be mindful of this! This is healthcare as a whole - I know because I work in another part of it, just not at a GP surgery. Everywhere is struggling. I understand patients frustrations as I have had my own, but I also have a further understanding of the difficulties everyone is currently having. Thankyou for the work you do for both myself and my family. The poor reviews are not a true reflection of the practice nor the staff.

30th November 2021

Secretary are rude and unhelpful. Website is unfunctional, difficult to manage with inappropriate advertising referring to dementia.

Improve the website. No structure. Just endless stream of information. If a 29 year old cannot find what they need how can you expect someone older people to navigate it easily. Even finding a review page is a complete nightmare. The website also has advertising, which I’ve never seen an NHS website have. One from a solicitor firm saying 1 in 3 get dementia so reach out to them before you lose the ability to do so….. doesn’t feel very appropriate.

15th November 2021

It is difficult to get through to the surgery to make a same day appointment, but I phone dead on 8 am and have always eventually got through and hung on in the queue, which tells you where you are. And if urgent, you are offered a same day appointment. Alternatively, I book online where possible. As everyone must appreciate these problems are caused by the pandemic. In normal times, our surgery would get a 5star rating. All in all, I think our surgery has been doing a sterling job under extremely difficult circumstances and I cannot fault any of the reception staff, secretaries, nurses and doctors that I have interacted with either by phone or face to face during this difficult time.

Can't think of anything

Experience

{{category}} working at Gold Street Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Gold Street Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb8ki