Freshwell Health Centre

Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Braintree, EssexEngland, CM7 4BQ

Also known as: Freshford Practice

22nd July 2015

I would like to congratulate Freshwell on the service they provide. I worked as a nurse for 36yrs and in General Practice for 16 years, I am therefore well aware of the extreme pressure staff are under and the long hours and stress they face. Despite the impending crisis in primary care I have been so impressed with Freshwell. The easy access to appointments is rare nowadays . The phone is answered within a few rings, the receptionists are helpful, I have been able to get same day appointments with the doctor of my choice. I have been able to see the same doctor for an ongoing problem, giving me good continuity of care. Thank you Dr Barrett. I'm not sure how they have managed to provide such good old fashioned primary care in the current climate but I am very impressed, well done.

28th June 2015

This practice is an example of how primary care should be delivered. You can ALWAYS get an appointment if you need it, doctors ALWAYS ring you back and you are NEVER made to feel that your worries are unreasonable. When I was recently very concerned about an X-ray my daughter had had, Dr Walker went out of his why to contact me and have a lengthy and reassuring discussion immediately the results were available. There is real care, compassion and expertise at this practice. It is first class.

28th May 2015

I phoned the surgery in the morning as I was very concerned about the swelling in my leg I was given an appointment that very morning all staff were so helpful and friendly tests were done immediately and then a scan that same day I could not have received any better treatment which is ongoing but I feel very safe in their hands . In my case you could not improve the care

28th May 2015

I have used as a patient and worked alongside as a nurse many surgeries and I can honestly say that is is the best. All the staff are helpful, appointments are no problem - I use internet booking but I can usually get through on the phone quite easily if needed. The site is pleasant, user friendly and lots of parking. There is an active local community fundraising organisation to support the surgery. I have confidence in the GPs and nurses.

17th April 2015

I phoned on a recent Wednesday to make an appointment with my regular doctor. I was told that the next routine appointment would be on the following Monday unless I considered it was urgent. It wasn't. I was told that if my circumstances changed I could phone for an urgent appointment. 30 minutes later I received a phone call from the surgery saying that there was a cancellation and I could attend on Friday. When I attended, my doctor said I needed an x-ray and a blood test. The x-ray was taken within half an hour and I had to return later that day for the blood test. I am not sure what a better service looks like. I am 75 years old. Over the years have been registered with several other practices in different parts of the country and Freshwell is certainly the best. I have been registered with them now for four years and found them supportive encouraging and genuinely concerned. The staff are are always friendly and helpful and take the extra step to help.