Fleet Medical Centre

Church Road, Fleet, Hants, England, GU51 4PE 1 2 3 4 5 129 reviews

11th December 2019

I have never had any problems with repeat prescription until the new regime! Normally you get a reminder from the pharmacist (prompted by Dr) to have the tests done to check all is ok. Went to pick up repeat prescription and that is when it all fell apart (no tablets). some 4 months back, it seems totally beyond anyone at the surgery to be able to get my prescription back on track. They have given me a collection date for new tablets which is 12 days over my last tablets(for high blood pressure)?? The only person who cares is the nurse who sorted it out for me last time! All others concerned from reception to Pharmacists are rude and pass the buck between themselves. All they can offer is to come into the surgery and try and sort it out again. Being self employed I need to earn money and having to ring and keep going to them due to their incompetence is having an adverse effect on me.

25th October 2019

Receptionist was very rude and all I did was ask very politely for an appointment with a GP.

28th April 2017

It's almost impossible to get an appointment at this doctors surgery and the new online system put in place needs an upgrade as I haven't been too impressed so far with it. However, I will say the practice is kept very clean and is also home to some wonderful nurses and a couple of exceptional Doctors (Dr.Bayly and Dr. Durasamy). It has to be said some of the reception staff are super lovely and the nature of their role is clearly testing and stressful but as anywhere you can get one or two who can be quite blunt and unhelpful or patronising but this is in the minority. The Practice also has a Pharmacy attached to it which is very convenient for quickly popping in to collect a prescription. Parking can also be an issue at times as finding a space is very hit and miss. Overall, I would recommend this GP Practice to people.

21st March 2017

Receptionists are the rudest "customer service" providers I have ever come across. Incredibly dismissive on the phone and even once advised me to "miss a few days of medication" (with no knowledge of the medication I was referring to, clearly unaware this would be hugely detrimental) as there were no appointments available. I have been reduced to tears on multiple occasions due to the disgusting manner with which I have been dealt with and even considered changing medical practice due to these awful women. The only saving grace is a younger receptionist (who turns 21 in April I believe) who is a delight and I pray she picks up the phone every time I call - heaven knows how she deals with working beside such rude colleagues. Aside from this, Fleet Medical Centre is a great practice and I have always had great service from the GPs, such a shame about the reception staff who put the centre to shame!

21st March 2017

After feeling ill for 5 days I rang Fleet Medical Centre and was asked a few questions by a friendly receptionist who told me a member of the urgent care team would call me shortly, which he did. It was Ben who is a paramedic practitioner there who asked me more in depth questions and decided that he needed to see me. I got given an appointment with him for later that afternoon. Ben is really affable, empathetic, thorough in his examination and knowledgeable. He diagnosed pneumonia, prepared a prescription for 7 days of penicillin and printed off a form for a chest x-ray and gave me an appointment to see him again tomorrow. What a great addition Ben is to the Fleet Medical Team. Well done and thank you.

{{category}} working at Fleet Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Fleet Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb9yn