Fitznells Manor Surgery

Fitznells Manor Surgery, 2 Chessington Road, Ewell, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1TF 1 2 3 4 5 141 reviews

29th March 2022

Never answer phones , when online no one rings back for days ,

Everything

Rating not given.
8th March 2022

Impossible to contact surgery either by telephone or online. Lack of planning and provision to facilitate access to the surgery No contingency in place to make up for the lack of telephone access while the new telephone system is being installed. The online access form has been closed as (they have already received number of forms that the staff can process for the day) leaving patients frustrated and probably worse. This probably results in patient going to A&E because they cannot access their GP when they need to. I am very disappointed that access to this surgery is so poor. The doctors and staff who work at this surgery are not the problem, the system and processes in place are the issue and need to be fixed urgently. We do not want patient to attend A&E or ending up in hospital simply because they can't see their GP! I am considering registering with another GP after 12 years with this surgery.

If yo know the telephone system is going to be down, you could have put contingency plan in place to facilitate access to the surgery. Like bringing in more resources to enable the online forms to be processed. NOT closed off the online access/appointment request. The above scoring is based on previous experience however today my experience was very poor as I was unable to contact the surgery to make a follow-up appointment as advised by my doctor.

21st October 2021

There is absolutely no way that the surgery can make any exceptions to seeing high risk patients to process a form for medication at all... It is absolutely atrocious that forms get closed off when a quota is being met. The government is providing GP surgeries with support for every patient registered but it should be for every patient seen. Absolutely disappointed that no one can make an exception for a high risk patient.

You could have at least had us email over things or have the electronic forms open.

7th September 2021

Unfortunately what massively lets this place down is the new integrated partnership system of online only bookings. You can't get hold of anyone for anything and it's a nightmare. They were difficult to contact and get an appointment before but now it is basically impossible and this is someone who uses tech for everything and was so excited when they introduced an app system option - I thought it would be perfect and in theory it should be, but its so rubbish and after years I'm still not actually on the app with my surgery connected. It's a joke - you have to get a referral letter, even if you've been a patient for over 15 years like me, but they have removed any way of contacting them to do so, so in the end I give up, try again the next year but then encounter the same issue as no one bothers to improve it. Also to navigate the website is ridiculously cluttered and over complicated when most people probably just want to simply book an appointment. I have designed better websites myself... I'm in my early 30s and spend most of my day on a computer - god knows how the 60+ or even very elderly fair with it. Not well I'm guessing judging from the reviews... remember - these are from people computer savvy enough to be able to write an online review. You can't get through to a person anymore - however, I will say this - one two occasions I did wait on hold for over an hour to speak to a real life person the staff there are wonderful and extremely helpful. They're clearly as frustrated with the system as the patients - again doctors all seem fab. It is a shame upper management have let them all down so badly with this by not investing in a proper system. Sadly I've finally come to the conclusion, after 27 years with the practice it's actually easier if I just change doctors. If I was in need of a doctor more frequently I would have probably come to the same conclusion many years ago!

Invest some decent money to get a proper app and website build that's quick and simple to use. Support your wonderful staff better by giving them the tools - they're on the front line and I imagine get it in the neck all the time about this. To be clear I absolutely would prefer to use an app or website to book appointments and repeat prescriptions but what you have isn't fit for purpose and wasting valuable space on my iphone! Offer elderly and vulnerable people a private number so they at least can get help from a human. If I find it this bad I imagine patients like that literally have died trying to get an appointment or giving up and no way of ever knowing.

Experience

{{category}} working at Fitznells Manor Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Fitznells Manor Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecaj9