Eversley Medical Centre

501 London Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, England, CR7 6AR 1 2 3 4 5 115 reviews

8th September 2020

Satisfaction:
Some of the receptionist at the surgery lack competence and patient care. They are rude and very dismissive. Some of them are nice and polite. However, sadly one egg spoils the rest. I had been calling the surgery all last week and the week before, 4 times. This is to book an apppintment to speak to a particular Doctor. I was either told he had just left or he is not in and I should call back on a particualr day.as they cannot take a message. I called nack on that particular day about just past 10am and was told he is fully booked and cannot call me. I insisted that they should pass on my message. The receptionist, whom I have her name was very unprofessional and was adamant she will not pass on my message. When I challenged her she became defensive and stated she was going to make a note as she was not rude to me. Anyhow I gave her my details to pass on. The same morning I wrote a letter to the Dr and hand delivered it to another receptionist asking for the Dr to please kindly call before he leaves. I heard nothing. In light that I was initially told to call back next week, which is this week to speak to him, I called today. To my utmost disgust and surprise I was told the Dr is on annual leave for 2 weeks. This all seems like a movie. Clearly they were well aware he will be on annual leave when they asked me to call back this week. Today is Tuesday 8 September 2020. I asked when he went on leave and the receptionist stated this week!!! It is an unacceptable and appalling behaviour from a surgery which I held highly. I did not get a courteous call back or response to my letter. Patients should not be treated with disgust and uncaring attitudes. I have been unable to get hold of the practice nurse. However, I will be taking the matter forward. I have read some of the reviews and experiences of people and I concur As a patient one feels helpless, it is not alwyas that one wants to go to A & E. Our lives and health does not seem to matter to the surgery or receptionists.

Improvement:
Be polite, show some care, empathy and make an effort to pass on my message. Professionalism and patient care is paramount. Please conduct more training for your receptionist. This is not a first occurrence.

Satisfaction
8th September 2020

Satisfaction:

Improvement:

Satisfaction
17th January 2020

I went to see a Doctor after a severe allergic reaction and i ended up with a moisturiser.

11th January 2020

I had an issue recently with the practice manager and the admin team at the surgery. It took more than a month to get the help the doctor promised and the practice manager was rude and unhelpful during the entire experience. I have contacted them on a number of occassions to ask how to escalate my complaint and, unsurprisingly, they have been completely unresponsive. Terrible patient care.

{{category}} working at Eversley Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Eversley Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb8ue