East Cliff Practice

Montefiore Medical Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Mildmay, Addington, Montefiore

7th September 2017

The main reason for the excellent rating I have given is that one can almost ( 99% ) get an appointment on the required day. The staff doctors , nurses and receptionists are all very pleasant persons. Hearing reports from others about their treatment makes us realize and appreciate this practice. Thank you.

4th September 2017

When to see a doctor in march with my son about his back, he was 14 month old, doctor said I think he is fine. Then she ask another doctor to have a look at my sons back and he said better to send for a scan. So she said you will get a letter for scan. June and still no letters, so I rang surgery to ask where do we get appointment for a scan, one of receptionist checked computer and said it is not a scan, in our computer is x-ray and she ask me did you go there? Sorry? Dr said scan not x-ray. Then she said oh well it is X-ray and I will send it by post to you and you can go straight to qeqm. Okay fine. 1st of September still nothing from them. Went there they checked again what's going on. And said again it is x-ray but we need to wait for office worker who deal with it as she start at 9 and she will give you a ring. 3.40 pm no phone calls, so went there again, receptionist phoned to office and they told us oh yes it is a scan, I will give you a ring on Monday about it. Great! 3.15 pm and Monday still waiting for them !!! How funny. Waiting for a scan or X-ray since march for my 19 month old boy.

9th August 2017

I prefer the doctors here to those who should be on duty at the QEQM. The receptionists have a difficult juggling act to do, and it does not help by being rude or annoyed with them. The Nurses who drain your blood are excellent ( I am a total coward where needles are concerned). Overall, I find the practice and the staff are doing the best they can at the behest of idiot politicians who have never done a decent days work in their lives. Any complaints - take them up with your MP, don't blame your GP

20th June 2017

I have been trying to get to the bottom of my fertility issues as my husband and i have been trying to conceive for a couple of years now with no luck. The first appointment i was told i had depression which i do not but after pushing the issue i was given blood tests. These came back abnormal but was told by the dr that they were fine (i requested my own copy which i later read to say to assess the cardiovascular risk with patient). This was not once mentioned and i have heart problems in my family. I was told in my second appointment that i would be sent for a scan, that was back around March time and I still haven't had an appointment. Because i wasn't getting anywhere with this drs surgery i decided to have a break from the drs but i am still unable to conceive and at 30 years old it is very upsetting to not be able to get any help for this and to basically be ignored. I did email the practice manager and was told that all of my issues had been dealt with correctly; i really don't agree with this as i am still without a diagnosis.

2nd June 2017

Had to bring my anxious Mum in for a blood test. She has had some traumatic experiences in the past as she has little or no visible veins apparently,and usually goes home covered in bruises but unsuccessful blood tests so she gets very upset and worried whenever a blood test is suggested.She was dreading today's blood test and so was I. Today we were treated by a lovely woman called Louise who really listened to our fears and past experiences and assured Mum she would do her best to make it as pain free as possible. She was so friendly and made us both laugh and relax. Moments later she said "all done" We couldn't believe it! She got the blood so quickly and Mum said she didn't feel a thing. Mum was so happy and said she won't forget her name for next time. Your staff are amazing, we love this surgery. Thanks for making what is normally a stressful visit so relaxed and reassuring. Mum is so happy she has no bruise!

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your positive comments which we have fed back to Louise. East Cliff Practice