Dorchester Road Surgery

179 Dorchester Road, Weymouth, Dorset, England, DT4 7LE

22nd February 2016

My wife and I have had excellent care and very personal attention when attending the surgery with our registered doctor . We have also had similar care and attention when our resident doctor has been absent and we have been seen by another doctor . So the only criticism we have is the difficulty on certain occasions to get an appointment by telephone.

17th February 2016

I rang on Tuesday for an appointment and was offered one the following day which was at a time suitable for me and involved the receptionist kindly re-arranging another persons appointment time. The doctor called me in spot on the time arranged and went to great care to listen to my situation and offered excellent advice on different options. The relevant prescription was given to me and I was in possession of the medicines within 30 minutes. I don't think this kind of excellence would be found anywhere else in the world and the practice should be very proud of it's performance.

17th February 2016

Excellent service as always

16th February 2016

I got an appointment with my chosen doctor at my chosen day and time. The telephone system is easy to use and the recorded introduction can be bypassed by selecting the appropriate option ( 1 for reception) . I was seen by the correct doctor at the correct time in an efficient professional manner. My blood pressure was taken and the cause of the problem was explained in a straight forward way using a clear full colour picture of the area. I was reassured that the problem would resolve itself in a short time and I was to return if that did not happen.

16th February 2016

I came for a pneumococcal vaccination last week. The invitation letter gave me a place to sign if I did NOT want it. I brought the letter as requested and then had to sign a consent form in which I had to confirm that I was not allergic to Phenol. The nurse (sorry did not catch her name but it was on 12 Feb) asked me if I was allergic to Phenol (which was good). However I thought she said " fennel" and said no (!). I then read the consent form and was then in a quandry as I had no idea what Phenol was. If I had then said no, this would have been a waste of both the nurse's time, the surgery's money and my time. However I took her word for it that she had never come across anybody who is allergic or any side effects other than a sore arm. May I suggest that IF this is important enough to have patients sign their consent, then you put this on the invitation letter so they can look it up in advance?

{{category}} working at Dorchester Road Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Dorchester Road Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb9ex