Dorchester Road Surgery

179 Dorchester Road, Weymouth, Dorset, England, DT4 7LE

25th September 2016

i have a great deal of praise for Dr Bick who was my doctor at the surgery then i had Dr Casoon who is a nice lady but seems to think patients get better by reading out forcast on the computer or relaying medical facts learnt at university,,, the YOUNG lady receptionist there is the same ,, eg ,, both do not listen and take on board peoples concerns ,, i came in there at 8 am not long ago as i was asked to by a different lady and on arrival the Young lady told me i couldnt see doctor casson ,,, , my first complaint ,, as it was a waste of my time also , the next one was being told i may have HIV ,, by dr casson , as my iron levels were low , and i may need a blood tesst , as i did not hear anything about this blood test from surgery i went to hospital at weymouth STD and took all relevant test and came back all clear , i saw dr cason on the thursday 22 sept and tried to explain about how this diagnosis affected me and how it was a bit of a shock to be told i may have HIV , she became very indifferent and asked to if WE ARE DONE , MEANING MY TEN MINS WERE UP , ,, i no need to explain my utter disbelief in my treatment by the surgery and would never return there ,, after my PNEUMONIA in December, which i was ill for six months it took dr casson about 6 weeks to get the right medicine to me , and i had to end up going to the doctor at weymouth hospital who advised me to ask them to take a blood sample,,, ONLY then did i get the right medicine and care that i needed , i was coughing up blood and couldnt physically walk and this was handled very shabbily ,,, i wish to COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL of this and i HAVE NOW REGISTERED at a different surgery thank god ,, ps on the 22 i did not get to air my heath issues at all i was given a medical lecture instead,,,

6th October 2016
Response from Dorchester Road Surgery

I'm really sorry that your experience at the surgery did not meet your expectations. We will discuss your comments among the staff at the practice and look at ways we can improve. If you wish to provide more detail, to make a formal complaint or to have feedback on this process you can contact postmaster@gp-j81613.nhs.uk .

27th April 2016

15th April 2016

My GP always has time to listen and reassure me, when I need a hospital appointment he makes it easy for me. I have no complaints about the standard of care I receive and cannot think of any way it could be improved.

8th April 2016

I had an appointment with Doctor Hendricks which I will avoid like the plague in future and I certainly wouldn't recommend her to anyone. Never before I have been treated in such a cold and unsympathetic manner by a GP. I left the surgery feeling worse than when I had arrived. I was hoping to find some level of reassurance from her but she made me feel as though I was worrying about nothing and wasting her time - she has zero emotional intelligence, clearly doesn't consider her impact on her patients and did nothing to make me feel that my concerns were valid. I question why someone would choose a career in medicine when they clearly don't care about their impact on others or helping them to feel supported. Perhaps she would have more success as a surgeon where the sedated patients won't have to experience her terrible bedside manner! I have been a member of the surgery for a number of years and up until this point I've had only good things to say - I have left previous reviews of a much more positive nature and feel disappointed that this terrible experience has tarnished my view. My rating of 'extremely unlikely to recommend this GP practice 's based solely on my interaction with Doctor Hendricks. I just hope this feedback is put to good use, so that others have a more positive encounter.

5th April 2016

Just to say I have been a patient for about a year now and can honestly say I have been happy with the treatment and the pleasant atmosphere. Everyone seems happy to be doing what they have to do, not a sour face amongst you which seems unusual in this modern age. Thank you all! Brenda Harper

{{category}} working at Dorchester Road Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Dorchester Road Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb9ex