Dashwood Medical Centre

158-160 Grange Road, Ramsgate, Kent, N/a, CT11 9PR Also known as: Surgery name change to Dashwood Medical Centre 1 2 3 4 5 22 reviews

14th July 2021

I am new to the area and have found the GP surgery really difficult to get help from. The econsult page is only live from 9am-12pm. Phone lines are always very busy. I have been waiting for a cervical smear for a number of weeks now, with nobody able to tell me when I will be able to get this. GP surgery also did not have any knowledge about the NHS app and how I am able to access my records, something that I had previously used elsewhere. I needed antibiotics and requested an appointment and wasn't able to speak to anyone for 4 days. I also referred myself to get a mole checked as I have a history of skin cancer in the family. My appointment was cancelled the day before, and I had to ring up a week later to ring back as nobody got back to me. I understand that people are busy at the moment, but communication is so key and is really missing from this surgery.

Communicate more effectively. If waiting lists are high, tell me this. If I am to wait 6 months for a smear- tell me. The silence is the problem, and probably leads to people calling and calling which doesn't help how busy the phonelines are.

Experience

{{category}} working at Dashwood Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Dashwood Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejg63