Dashwood Medical Centre

158-160 Grange Road, Ramsgate, Kent, N/a, CT11 9PR

Also known as: Surgery name change to Dashwood Medical Centre

5th January 2018

I have been a patient at Dash wood House for many years I have total trust in the Doctors and nurses that work here some of the reception staff may need some communication training. I find the best way to get an appointment is to go to the surgery early on the morning I have never had a problem with getting a appointment this way. When I have ask the Doctor to phone me it is frustrating that you often wait all day for them to phone as I understand that telephone consultation is done after surgery has finished. Otherwise I wouldn't use any other surgery within my area.

4th June 2017

It can be very difficult to get an appointment if calling by telephone, the phone lines are always either engaged or just ring and ring and no one answers....when you do get through a lot of appointments have gone. It is very difficult when you work but need an appointment and can't get one. Most of the receptionists are helpful and polite but there are 1 or 2 that could be a little more friendly and less abrupt. Doctor wise I usually like to see Dr jag or Dr Wilson I find they are both very good gp's and seem to care about your health. Finally the facilities are always well cared for and clean. All the nurses work very hard.

15th February 2017

Thankfully they have turned the corner, the ease of getting an appointment is good, the cleanliness has always been good. The receptionists seem under less pressure and I am so pleased for them that they do not have to ask invasive questions before they let you have an appointment. Other surgeries in the area need to seriously learn from you. Glad I am a patient at your surgery and not where I work!

4th September 2016

4 weeks down the line and still no appointment Told to ring at 8 each morning when you finally get through about 11 told no more appointments ring tomorrow at 8. When you explain that's what you are doing each day told well come down and we will see if any appointments available. Only to go down and be told no appointments.If nobody can get through why are there no appointments . Why can you not book appointments I like you used to a few days in advance. This seriously needs reviewing.. Thinking of changing practice and putting formal complaint in. Receptionists are so unhelpful and miserable

24th March 2016

Great practice, wonderful and helpful staff. Nice modern building with a chemist attached, couldn't be better. Well done to Dr Cardwell and Co.