Churchwood Medical Practice

Tilebarn Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, E Sussex, England, TN38 9QU

26th June 2018

24th October 2017

Really difficult to get a follow up appointment and work does not allow time off for on the day appointments, I need to book in advance to arrange annual leave to cover my absence at work.

9th September 2017

I have always managed to get a GP appointment on the day that I ring, you have to be prepaired to try from 8 am.

4th September 2017

I can never get through at 8 for an appointment. I start ringing on the hour and each time it is engaged. I often have to attempt up to to 10 calls, before I am held in a queue. Once through usually around 8.30 I will be told the appointments have gone and that I should have called at 8. I start work at 8.30 so this is all so inconvenient as this is the time I'm meant to be driving. I visited the pharmacist local to my work with with my last medical problem as I didn't want to waste mine or my GPs time if I could be prescribed something over the counter. The pharmacist told me to go straight to my GP. I explained this but as this was now gone 9 they told me to call back at 8 the next day. My problem was getting worse so I was about to visit the walk-in centre when I thought I'd see if they would take me seriously if I came in to the surgery. When I turned up at 2 I was kindly offered an appointment for 4 without any problem at all, which was great so I came back later and I had an excellent experience after that. But if I had been given an appointment when I called in the morning I wouldn't have made an extra journey there and back whilst in that much discomfort.

10th July 2017

Really hard to get an appointment seems they are reserved purely for people who can wait around all day and don't work.