Churchwood Medical Practice

Tilebarn Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, E Sussex, England, TN38 9QU 1 2 3 4 5 15 reviews

28th January 2020

Finally got a day where I can have the time it takes to call the doctors for an appointment for a non urgent but persistent symptoms. After calling back for 20 minutes I get to speak to the receptionist who speaks as if she hates her job and me for having the cheek to call her when she is a receptionist at a doctors surgery. She asks me what is wrong so I explain and she repeats it back to me with a tone of disbelief as if I am lying so I feel I have to explain more! Then she says it will be triaged and goes to say goodbye. I have to then ask what that means for me and she then explains (in a fed up tone) that I might get a text with an appointment or the doctor will phone. Ah! Does it have to be this much hard work!

15th April 2019

Receptionists with no care for confidentiality - asking unnecessary questions in a packed waiting room (they were unnecessary she was “just interested”) and a couple who are downright rude. I have little faith in these people to carry out triage as they just don’t seem very bright or well mannered. I have never heard of or encountered the GPS named on here - and I know one retired two years ago. Nurse who can’t give injections properly and is unable to carry out other routine aspects of care/treatment. Haven’t managed to see a gp for nearly 2 years despite multiple chronic conditions According to nhs data this practice has nearly 6000 patients (many with type 2 diabetes, mental health issues etc) per GP if actual headcount is considered. Earlier this year an area with 3000 per gp was called the worse in UK. This surely needs looking at urgently. Basically sort out staff competence and training and give urgent attention to recruiting an additional (even trainee) GP. Best member of staff BY FAR is the Nurse Prescribing practitioner - she is superb in her listening, respectfulness and actually getting a conclusion!!

{{category}} working at Churchwood Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Churchwood Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/ecgve