Charing Surgery

1 Surgery Close, Ashford, Kent, TN27 0AW

6th December 2017

Appointment system very difficult for the elderly and hard of hearing. Triage phone system annoying. I seldom visit the doctor and certainly never have done unnecessarily. Triage implies I may not need an appointment. That insults my intelligence. I Find the phone difficult to use as I don't hear very well. Hate not being able to make an appointment with my choice of doctor even in advance. Calibre of doctors is falling. One doctor a total waste of time and space and in my view, and that of many aquaintences, should not be practising. Have been with the surgery for over 30 years. No personal approach anymore, no feeling of being cared for any more. Too many patients, too much private work undertaken to the detriment of the care of NHS patients. I understand the limitations put upon the practice by government but fail to see why a personal touch cannot be maintained. I hate going to the doctors and avoid it at all costs. Access needs to be much more straightforward. The phamacy is a joke. So many staff, such a long wait. Boots manage to text patients to advise that their monthly repeat prescriptions are ready for collection without the patient doing a thing. Boots do all the repeat ordering. Wake up Charing, a robotic system does nothing for your service to patients when the wait is so long. I despair.

3rd December 2017

26th November 2017

I attended Charing Surgery on the 22nd November 2017 & was attended to by DR Bill Warrilow who gave me a warm welcome explained everything that was going to take place & generally put me at ease & made me feel comfortable throughout. It is Doctors like him & his Nurse that assisted that make you proud of the NHS they were both 100% professional at all times & made my minor surgery look like a walk in the park

22nd November 2017

Dr Warmilow was a nice chap, explained the procedure before hand very well and was calm and caring, i felt relaxed and totally pain free, nearly nodded off during the procedure! His assistant was was a great help as well, thanks guys :-)

15th November 2017

I requested to speak to a GP due to ongoing dull headaches. Was given a callback next day and DR Warrilow seemed to understand almost straight away what I was experiencing. A 24 BP monitor was duly fitted the following week and I was called back the afternoon that I returned the monitor. Great service, thank you.