Share review of Broomwood Road Surgery

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

8th January 2018

I tried to get an appointment on the telephone on 3/01/18, I phoned @ 08.00. finally got through to the Appointment's Lady @ 0810. Only to be told that all the appointments had gone for that day, I was offered a Telephone Appointment which I declined, I explained that my left leg had swollen up and was in some pain. but I still couldn't get to see a Doctor in person. After going back home and looking on line for a appointment I managed to book a appointment for 5/01/18 to see Dr Nielsen @ 10.20am. This Doctor was a very Kind & Caring person, she explained to me in great detail as to what may be causing my leg to swell up, Doctor referred me for a blood test on that day. The Doctor explained to me that if may be a Blood Clot, so it was in my best interest to go straight to the Hospital for a Blood test. After getting my blood test results the Doctor phoned me on my mobile phone and ask me to go straight to A & E, as the resultants indicated that I may have a blood clot. I went to A & E as advised by the Doctor. Doctor Nielsen kept in touch with me through the whole process and gave me her mobile phone number for me to contact her in person if I was concerned at anytime. This Doctor was remarkable in the caring and kind way she helped me, and showed great compassion & dignity, She is a credit to the N.H.S. I cannot thank her enough for her kindness.