Birchington Medical Centre

Minnis Road, Birchington, Kent, England, CT7 9HQ 1 2 3 4 5 169 reviews

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

26th June 2020

cannot get through to reception to make a appointment, waited for over an hour on hold on the phone to be told call back the next day . All I wanted was a quick 5 mins telephone consultation with a GP about my sons condition and further treatment. I do not know how the receptionist decide what is an emergency and what is not. When you are on hold for hours on the phone this is not good customer service. It is appalling to wait so long to speak to the front desk.

26th June 2020

Excellent, quick friendly service from reception staff and Dr Martin. Gold star goes to Ruth for her swift and efficient help in getting me referred for consultant help. At any time their service has been good, it in these Corona virus times, it’s even more impressive. Huge thank you to you all for your help. As an Ex NHS staff member, I know what a hard job it is.

4th June 2020

My experienced have been very mixed; Reception staff are rude, lack compassion and speak to patients as if they are an inconvenience to them. If they were in any kind of customer facing role, the majority of them would not have a job, however being as they service the public, they get away with acting this way. Doctors have been generally very good, Dr Pal in particular was very attentive and took time to explain all aspects of blood test results to provide a good understanding. However, there is one exception from a doctor who telephoned me who I did not get the name of (possible locum). He had very little interest in what I had to say and quickly dismissed the pain I was in by asking how old I was and if I was overweight. I was still talking at the end of the call when he said ‘call us back if it gets worse, bye’ and hung up the line. Whilst I appreciate doctors are very busy and he did ask questions, he did not recommend anything I could do to assist with the pain I was in and I ended up having to call back to the surgery and have another appointment anyway so any time saved by ending the call was wasted. Appointments are difficult to get unless you state it is an emergency which is odd because there is a separate option for this when you call. How you can decide what an emergency is as a layperson without any medical knowledge is a mystery to me. I don’t mind the triage service but it would be useful if there could at least be a window of time where the GP is likely to call. Overall a little compassion from the staff would go a long way to ease the tension felt by patients when trying to manage medical concerns.

#sayThankYou

I would like to say a big thank you to nurses Karen and Barbara and Dr Martin for their care in the surgery and for sending me to QEQM for other help. Dr Martin and receptionist did a great job in making my consultant aware of what was happening. Went to see the consultant today. Thank you for everything.

7th May 2020
4th May 2020

My husband has OPMD, a very rare form of Muscular Dystrophy but, contrary to MDUK advice, and contrary to other people we know who have the same condition, didn't received a letter to say that he should be shielding. I telephoned the surgery in early April to request a letter and was fobbed off because it wasn't their responsibility. After receiving a text from the Government to contact his GP, I telephoned the surgery on the 28th April and was told a Doctor would ring me on Friday 1st May to discuss the matter. As the Doctor hadn't rung by 4.00 pm, I telephoned the surgery to check that we were on the list for a telephone call. I was told that my husband's name had been crossed through and the receptionist didn't know why. I asked for the Doctor to be contacted and for someone to let me know what was happening. I've just rung the surgery again to find out why I wasn't contacted on Friday and was told that I now had to register for an online consultation because, on Friday, the system had been changed. Why wasn't I told this on Friday and why was this decision made and applied to people who already had a telephone consultation booked. We feel we have been totally ignored by the surgery and this is absolutely unacceptable. Please note, the ratings I have given are based on this experience. The cleanliness of the surgery cannot be rated in this instance so I have simply put one star.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

{{category}} working at Birchington Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Birchington Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb8v2