Birchington Medical Centre

Minnis Road, Birchington, Kent, England, CT7 9HQ 1 2 3 4 5 178 reviews

Satisfaction:
I had a txt from Sharon Bedingfield asking me to make a appointment for a further blood test that my consultant has requested which I tried to do 6th October I was first offered but my consultant has said I will be receiving a urgent appointment I can see I will get my consultant appointment but no blood test receptionist said I am offering you app tomorrow ring at 8 well I expect by time I get through there will be no appointment left .I think the way your running your surgery at the moment is worse than ever covid is no excuse you could make things a loteasier even getting through on the phone is hopeless .

Improvement:
You need completely restructuring.

Improvement:
You need completely restructuring.

Satisfaction:
I am appalled by this surgery. I rang on Monday (which is not an easy process in its self) as i had severe cystitis. I could not get to see a doc or get a telephone call. I was told to come in with sample. Which i duly did. my medical treatment. A text message with perscription. Had i been able to talk to someone i would have told them that i needed a specific antibiotic, as the normal ones do not work. So i get a treatment that will not work. I give it a couple of days and am in worse pain. Ringing the doc at 12.45 on wed 23/9. Im told no one can see me , nothing they can do as there closing and ring 111 or call back in morning. Appalling!! I was in severe pain. No compassion for a person suffering. So i ring 111 to be told that there is nothing they can do, and ring docs in morning and tell them 111 said to give me an appointment. So i go online and pay £50.00 for a private doc and perscription. and this morning i feel slightly better. As far as im concerned. This is not acceptable.

Improvement:
Yes in the 15 mins the surgery had left they could have spoken to a doctor and got me a perscription. I have been suffering with cystitis for a number of years and know the treatment i need.

21st September 2020

Satisfaction:
The phone answered in less than 15 minutes and getting a GP appointment in less than 3 weeks at this practice has always been a challenge. Covid 19 and the move to "a digital practice" further reduces the opportunity for any timely contact with a clinician. A 3 week wait for a telephone consultation now appears to be standard. F2F communication allows for a better exchange of information since both speaker and listener are able to see and interpret body language and facial expressions, patients need this when they have concerns about their health. The reception staff do their best but are now gatekeepers rather than facilitators to patient care. I have no idea if the surgery is clean as I have not had the opportunity to go in

Improvement:
Follow the advice from RCGP chair Professor Martin - https://www.gponline.com/shift-away-face-to-face-gp-care-pandemic-dangerous-warns-rcgp-chair/article/1683171 regarding the need for F2F consultations and fulfil your duty to offer F2F appointments to patients rather than making it as difficult as possible BBC News online 17 September 2020 Earlier this week NHS England wrote to every GP surgery in the country to remind practitioners they had a duty to also offer face-to-face appointments as it was feared many with serious conditions were being missed

Satisfaction

{{category}} working at Birchington Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Birchington Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb8v2