Beversbrook Medical Centre

Beversbrook Medical Ctr, Harrier Close, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 9UT 1 2 3 4 5 641 reviews

10th June 2020

I have been having trouble with my ears,I have been putting otex in for the last few weeks,it started just after lockdown,phoned the surgery to see if anyone could help, I'm completely deaf in my right ear,apparently the surgery don't syringe anymore,the nurse told me to get in touch with Specsavers which I did none of their stores were doing it because of Civic,so I'm stuck nobody can help me,

10th June 2020

Obviously services have had to change since the Covid-19 virus. At the moment with warmer weather it’s ok to have to wait in the car park and meet the nurse so she can escort you to her room. However, we had to be in very close proximity as we passed through the side gate. What way will we have to wait in the winter? I arrived on time but had quite a wait standing in the car park. Why can’t we wait in our cars and be called when the clinician is ready to see us. Why don’t you have self closing gates so we can follow the clinician. Also why can’t we book an appointment online, thus saving receptionist time? We could text when we arrive too.

19th July 2020
Response from Beversbrook Medical Centre

Thanks for your review. It's been very helpful and we really appreciate your input. Patients should have been asked to wait in their car as this is our procedure, however thanks to your feedback we have become aware that some of our Reception team have been asking patients to stand by the side entrances to be called in, for convenience. We absolutely agree with you that this is not acceptable and since becoming aware we have been able to carry out further training to improve the situation. We had not considered self closing gates but we absolutely love this idea and will be looking at having these installed subject to a health and safety risk assessment. We also think your idea of texting to let us know you have arrived is brilliant and we are looking at how to implement this. Further to your concerns regarding the winter months, we are making plans to re-open our reception areas in preparedness for the change of weather. We would really welcome any input you would like to provide to help with this so that we can ensure that plans are considered from the experience of the service user. If this is of interest, or you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at emmybutcher@nhs.net and I would be more than happy to set up a video appointment for further discussion. In the meantime, thank you for your comments which are very much appreciated. Kindest regards, Emmy Butcher - Managing Partner

#sayThankYou

I attended for a blood test last week, done by Sue the practice nurse from Patford House. I was so impressed by the efficiency and care taken to shield service users during appointments. Sue is always excellent putting patients at ease and doing her job with care, kindness and efficiency.

4th June 2020

My appointment had been changed 4 times over a period of 3 weeks, I was happy to accommodate every time I was asked to change as Im sure there was a more urgent or important issue going on - the reason for my appointment is low in the big scale of things right now. I was called on the Friday afternoon to confirm the details for the following Wednesday, we actually joked about the fact that this may or may not happen and the voice on the other end assured me it would. So you can understand my surprise when I got a text message on Saturday pm asking me to change my appointment again to Tues (following the bank holiday) when I replied this was not convenient I received another message quite short and abrupt explaining how stretched things are due to the pandemic. I felt insulted and guilty. Im not a key worker but I still work and have commitments, and was unable to accommodate this time due to the short notice. I told them my availability for the rest of the week. I didn't hear anything till the Tuesday to confirm a Thursday am appointment. Perfect or so I thought. I received the standard reminder text on Wednesday but this had a different time. I rang to ask if they can confirm which time was correct. 9am. I got there 10 mins before as its a short walk from my house. I should be back home within half an hour to take a business meeting, spoke to the lady through the window. When the time got to 9.15am I asked If she could ask if there was going to be much more delay as I needed to get back home. 9.20am the Dr finally came to get me - 10 mins later I was on my way home. Im sure many reading this will say what's your problem? they are even more stretched than normal. I know this, my bug bare is the lack of communication as to why the appt was so delayed, nothing from either the Dr or the receptionist and the lack of appreciation to peoples commitments, they are not the only ones currently working with stretched resources. Im not one to use the Drs too often and Im glad it wasn't a more serious reason. This is only on my last visit. I usually visit once every few months and mostly all the staff are very good and the appointments are kept.

#sayThankYou

I was treated very kindly thank you

22nd May 2020

Beversbrook Medical Centre was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

{{category}} working at Beversbrook Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Beversbrook Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejh6s