Beaconsfield Medical Practice

175 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AG

Also known as: Beaconsfield Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

20th February 2017

I find being online with the surgery a great help they are a very good practice.

22nd December 2016

I only joined this practice a few months ago but every single member of staff I have met has been helpful, supportive, knowledgeable and proactive in supporting me with everything from getting appointments to treatment. The reception staff have always been welcoming, cheerful and extremely helpful; this cannot be an easy task when they must often meet people who are not in a particularly pleasant mood due to pain or illness. I have met several members of reception staff and they have always been very well acquainted with practice procedures and very able to advise me on the best way to access services for my needs at the time. I have also met with nurses and a midwife at the practice/connected with the practice (there seem to be several practices working together in the one building (and a chemist!) and I am unsure exactly how they are all connected. As a patient, I was just presented with a professional coherent organisation). These people were equally warm, well-informed and helpful. I have seen several doctors at the practice, including three separate doctors so far for one condition; one of these was in person and two on the phone. All have taken their time to ensure they have fully understood what I was able to communicate to them before making a diagnosis and planning/adding to treatment. All were excellent, professional, caring and made me feel very supported with my condition. All insisted that I contact them again in a week if things had not improved, even after they had referred me to a specialist. The first doctor I saw about this (having been able to book an emergency appointment that morning) was Dr. Sornalingam. She took her time to thoroughly assess the situation was very friendly and caring and sent me off with the feeling that I would be taking the first steps towards recovery and, as I've mentioned, insisted that I get back in touch if there was no change. I have subsequently been able to access follow up consultations over the phone which, at present, is easier for me. Again, the first doctor ensured he fully understood the situation before making any recommendations (unfortunately, I am unsure which doctor this was). At one point, I emailed to ask for a prescription for more pain killers and received an unsolicited, proactive and very welcome phone call from Dr. Green who, again, ensured she was up to date with the situation so far before recommending a course of action which sped up my access to services which will improve my illness. Much of this support has happened within the space of a week or two. I cannot recommend this practice enough. I am utterly astounded and overwhelmed by the excellent service they have provided to me and my partner over a range of issues.

24th September 2016

Although I found at times that trying to get appointment with my own Doctor was at least with a three or four day wait. However We have always found the receptionist very helpful in trying to secure an earlier appointment if at all possible or were referred to another Doctor in the Practice. I recently had cause to see a Doctor at very short notice and was seen by the duty Doctor Rupert Hutchins who dealt with the issue right away (I.e sent me for an x ray) and was given antibiotics. I found myself in need to see a Doctor a week later when I found myself coughing up blood. Once again very efficiently dealt with by the duty Dr who conferred with Dr Hutchins and rang me back later on in the day to say that after conferring with Dr Hutchings they decided to refer me to a Resporatory Specialist and later on in the day was informed that I had in fact been offered a CT Scan in a weeks time. MY VERDICT ON THE TREATMENT I HAVE HAD FROM OUR SURGERY IS NOTHING SHORT OF A FIVE STAR HOTEL (WITH LOVING CARE AND ATTENTION) Our own Doctor (Dr Elisabeth GREEN) also saw me the following day to explain what the CT Scan was all about.

7th April 2016

Each time I have contact with the surgery (rarely) the reception staff are rude and generally very protective over the GP's time. Makes me avoid making contact -which can't be a good thing.

8th February 2016

I have been a patient at this surgery for 40 years and during this time I have had excellent treatment. My. two daughters and their families are now patients and we feel so fortunate to be part of such an efficient, effective and forward thinking practice. When visiting the surgery I have always been treated respectfully, sensitively and at all times have felt that I have been listened to before treatment has been advised. I have not felt the need to always see the same doctor as it has always been apparent that the practice have agreed procedures and policies and have therefore felt that I could trust the advice of all doctors. Simply cannot think how this surgery could improve. It is amazing.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »