Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

28th April 2015

I called at 10:15 on the morning of 28th April. I wanted to change the contraceptive pill I was changed on to a few months ago, back to the one I have been on for the past 12 years! The receptionist didn't even let me explain, she came across like she just wanted me off the phone ASAP. She said I needed an appointment, I tried to say I didn't want to take up an appointment just for that, it seems a waste, she spoke over me constantly and was very rude. I told her she didn't need to be rude, again she spoke over me saying a doctor would call me tomorrow. If only she had LISTENED to me!! Extremely frustrating! I have every right to call and ask advice not be ushered off the phone. The receptionists at this doctors are well known for being off and rude, everyone I know who lives in the area says the same. I think it's appalling and I want a response to this review please.

3rd April 2015

There is no information on their website or on the answer phone message about their closing times over the Easter holiday. This is very unhelpful given that many patients must travel from rural areas without public transport to collect prescriptions. This reflects the general lack of care of the patient's general welfare.

7th January 2015

I have always found all doctors and nurses friendly and helpful. You may not always see the same doctor, but this isn't an issue for me. I have never had a long wait in reception. Dr Cannon was lovely and listened to me patiently and put me at ease. It would make my experience better if there was more choice of appointment. As you have to ring on the day of the appointment you want, its very difficult to plan around long shift patterns. I have always found receptionists friendly. Thank you!

24th September 2014

I don't use the surgery much but on the occasions where myself or my family do need to see a doctor I have not experienced any problems. Appointments in all surgeries appear to be a problem but in the event of an emergency, you will always be offered a telephone consultation or an emergency appointment. All of the GP's are friendly, efficient and caring as are all the staff. The surgery is clean and tidy, prescriptions are always done on time without any problems.

26th November 2014

I called in at the surgery yesterday to register for online appointments. The reception staff were very helpful. I made an appointment to see Dr Miller who was on time, most helpful and efficient. i have also seen the nurses no staff on a couple of occasions previously what have been knowledgeable and caring. I am very impressed overall with this surgery.

Doctors working at Ashdown Forest Health Centre