Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

12th July 2017

Great service today, I called in just before 12& spoke to a receptionist, I was told I would get a call back between 12 & 1pm . A GP called me at 12.20 ( sorry I didn't catch her name)& sorted out my problem .She arranged a prescription but had offered me an appt if I wanted one. Very impressed with your prompt , efficient service. Thank you Regards Helen Hobley

9th June 2017

I have always sung the praises to all about this brilliant practice and helpful receptionists, and both my husband and I could not believe how lucky we are to be part of this practice. However of late things have been slipping slightly. Not being able to see your own doctor and sometimes having difficulty getting an appointment. Yesterday however after having a small procedure at QVC I was told to make an appointment for 7 days for a wound check and then a subsequent one for stitch removal with my GP practice nurse. The receptionist said this was impossible and could only offer me a late june appointment which was useless! I was actually speechless. What do I do? Well obviously I will now contact the hospital but this is clearly unsatisfactory and I feel very let down.

19th May 2017

Although usually a great experience my partner visited today with our 18 month old twins and daughter age 6. She was unable to bring anyone to help look after the children in the waiting room and our 18 month-old daughter crawled into the receptionists area as the door had been left open. My partner went in to retrieve her, but she crawled in a second time. When my partner went in a second time to retrieve her and apologise, she asked them to keep the door closed so that the babies couldn't crawl in, but was told in blunt terms that they 'couldn't close the door'. After the doctor had seen our son, my partner (carrying both babies) and daughter came out to the waiting area and she had to put our daughter down again , who again crawled into the receptionists area. Our 6 year old went in to fetch her and was told by the receptionist that 'she would have to get her out'. My partner was very upset at being spoke to in this way and asked what she was supposed to do, when trying to shepherd twins and our daughter. The receptionist said she would close the door (too late now) and fortunately two very kind ladies in the waiting room helped my partner out to the car with the children and comforted her. This situation should never have happened. The door to the receptionist area should remain closed not least as the room contains confidential patient records. It would have been simple to have shut the door to ensure that children who visit cannot wander in by accident. There is no excuse for rudeness and an unwillingness to help a patient who is clearly under stress looking after two babies and a 6 year old. This was an example of poor patient care and poor attitude on behalf of the reception staff, none of whom came to help.

8th May 2017

Luckily I don't have to come to the surgery often but when I do I always find the level of care outstanding. I'm always well informed and listened to by the doctors and all the staff are friendly and helpful. A lovely nurse today saw I bruised badly from a blood test last week so took a completely different approach by using a smaller needle and tube to the vial...has barely left a mark! My only criticism is it can be hard to see your assigned doctor but if they are popular I can understand that.

3rd April 2017

Since arriving here 18 months ago, I have experienced amazing professional care and attention. In addition to a thorough MOT on arrival and full integration of my past care regimen, I have been treated - during a health issue earlier this year - to unparalleled and ongoing treatment which has seen me safely through. My gratitude and thanks go out to all at the Centre.