Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)

Pembrolizumab is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.

Also known as: Keytruda

Read more about this medicine on the Cancer Research UK website. This information is independent and a source of trusted content for patients.

26th June 2019

I have stage IV lung cancer. Before starting this treatment I had a persistent cough which has disappeared. My only side affect is fatigue which I can cope with by changing my life style and slowing down, not a problem!! I just need to plan my time - not too much all at once . I am now having a few breaks away between treatments, just 3/4 nights away in the weeks between. It is doing me good to get away and no adverse affects.

8th June 2019

As others have stated, if offered this treatment then take it. I am nearly finished my two year treatment and I have been hailed as a success by my team. I only have to suffer tiredness and fatigue, especially in my legs, my aching legs were apparent before my cancer was found, mostly due to heavy physical work so we cannot say whether the treatment has caused this. I had a tumor removed from my cerebellum. I have stage four lung cancer also in my back, pancreas and liver, all have been arrested. This treatment has kept me alive, I am almost 67. God bless everybody at Guys cancer centre, London.

17th May 2019

I have just had my 20th session of immunotherapy. 14 months ago I was very weak and suffering from pneumonia, it was at this time that I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I feel that at the age of 76 I was very lucky to be offered immunotherapy and have not looked back since my first session, am now feeling pretty good except very short of breath and a bit of itching, small price to pay for 14 months of life.

29th September 2018

I started treatment 20/7/17 and had my 21st a couple of weeks back. The only side effect is itching, but the cream is very effective. I have had COPD for six years and so I assume my breathlessness, coughing and wheezing are down to that. I hope the NHS can afford to give me this treatment for many more years.