20th March 2018

You need to start on a low dose and increase one tablet per week until you find it beneficial. I found I’d got up to 3 tablets per night but felt really sleepy in the daytime so went back to 2 tablets this was enough to get a few hours sleep .

18th January 2018

The drowsiness effect will subside after a few weeks benefit will take up to four weeks before being felt but this drug works if you give it a chance be careful not to just eat and sleep watch your food intake and get out in the fresh air even for a few minutes if you work with this med it will reap rewards no overnight miracles but a realistic time frame and some self help will ensure a gradual improvement in mood

28th November 2017

I take 10mg at night for vestibular migraines and it has really improved my symptoms.

15th November 2017

Took amitriptyline for TMJ. Still not improved but depression lifts slightly. Feel sluggish but best anti depressant yet!!

8th November 2017

I took it for nerve pain (lower back, hip, knee, ankle) following a full knee replacement. It improved matters to the point that I could at least sleep at night, which was a huge 'bonus' at the time. I didn't like the feeling of being 'washed out' which was a side effect, or the fact that I was sleeping 10-11 hours day. When I decided to come off the tablets (after 7 weeks) I was surprised (given the relatively low daily dose) how long the drug stayed in my system. For example, 2 glasses of wine 3 days after stopping taking the tablets led to a very 'disturbed' night (nightmares, 'weird' thoughts when awake etc.). I then left it another 4 days before having any more alcohol and that was OK. This seems to be a very 'powerful' drug with long lasting effects. It worked very well in mitigating quite severe nerve pain and I wouldn't hesitate to take it again in the same circumstances. At the very least, however, one should follow the 'no alcohol' advice and be careful in such respects when coming off the drug.

Understanding

Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. Amitriptyline affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with depression. Amitriptyline is used to treat symptoms of depression.

Short link to review Amitriptyline: http://iwgc.net/e6pu