queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

336,875 reviews

23rd July 2024

Staff were brilliant thank you soo much for looking after me.

Suggested improvements
Not a criticism at all but when in ambulances and they put the blood pressure arm monitor on, it's extremely tight actually gave me a lot of bruising, the staff said this is normal wondering if it could cause problems if someone has e.g. heart problems or a blood clot being so tight? The ambulance staff said if you move it gets even tighter! Also when the people who called an ambulance for me first got through they said it would take an hour for ambulance to arrive, it actually got there within half hour. If I had a worse head injury this could of been fatal timing if it took an hour. Maybe they should put more funding into ambulance drivers so available when needed. I was lucky.

23rd July 2024

Overall I received excellent treatment apart from first doctor I saw. He was very indifferent and did not introduce himself. He took more interest on helping someone to fix the machine/printer near his station. This meant him leaning across me and ended with his backside in my face. My friend did complain to him once finished. Apart from that everyone was kind helpful and considerate. It may have been helpful to have received full dosage of steroids as I have had to discuss with my GP and now await a further prescription which may delay as I am unable to get to my pharmacy at the moment.

Suggested improvements
Everything done well apart from the initial assessment when doctor did not seem helpful as outlined in my previous answer

23rd July 2024

All the staff were kind and respectful despite having to deal with a large volume Of patients.

Suggested improvements
Reducing waiting times would be a big improvement. Although I do appreciate that is unlikely to happen due to the vast number of people coming into A&E everyday and there is a limit on how many people can be treated in one day.

Written by a NHS patient
23rd July 2024

The staff are really wonderful and do their very best to make sure you are cared for they treat everyone the same. The kindness shown by the nurses was impeccable. They are under great pressure but never complain. They are so professional they made me feel at ease. They so deserve much more than they get for the job they do they have so much responsibility looking and caring for very sick people. I am personally very grateful for all they done for me. Sorry to say that the toilets are not very clean both on the ward and outside.

Safe

Review of Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
23rd July 2024

All staff very helpful, friendly and professional . Doctors very good and explained everything. Wards very clean.

Review of Bluebell Ward A
22nd July 2024

Most of the staff where ok but there was the odd few that would rather do nothing. The favourite saying j have to wait for x to come back from break then dissapear!

Suggested improvements
Therexseemed to be an issue doing referral to district nurses re catheter care I finally got it donex10 days after discharge after numerous phone calls.

Review of Children's Outpatients - QH
21st July 2024

I have received an appointment letter two weeks before my child's appointment however I was away on holiday and did not get a change to change the appointment or get in touch with the bookings team to cancel. I would have appreciated a text message so I could have acted on it. We have been waiting approximately 4monthd and I'm sure other patients wait as long, so this was a wasted appointment slot unfortunately.

Suggested improvements
Contact patients and confirm attendance to avoid DNAs.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location

21st July 2024

shouted at over faulty alarm buzzer in Treatment A Accused of random pressing of alarm by male African HCA when buzzer had a short that caused it to go off randomly for half and hour until plugged in properly by Filipina nurse. Total lack of empathy for me as a disabled patient caused by meningitis. Shouted to put your legs down when I cannot do extension owing to motor neuropathy . None of staff appeared to understand meaning of paraplegia so I had to say wheelchair bound. None of diagnostic tests done at appropriate time, no help from physio or OT and now have whole leg oedema after being laid flat for two weeks. A horror experience for highly educated 86 year old patient leaving me in fear of my next admission with volvulus or methotrexate induced iatrogenic lung fibrosis, cardiomegaly and breathing problems for life long non smoker now with regurgitation of tricuspid. Absolute fear of next admission and would opt for fatal injection as will Esther Rantzen if it were possible. NHS is not fit for purpose for me as current PAYE taxpayer with 44 years of NI contributions as revolving door admissions patient because diagnostics either not done or if done noting bowel dilation sent home without treatment after CT contrast dye scan or leaving me for six days when too late for Mr Matt Hanson colorectal consultant to detortion volvulus and insert flatus tube. An absolute disaster. tricuspid regurgitation

Suggested improvements
Treated me as a truly disabled highly intelligent and never rude human being!

19th July 2024

Got admitted by ambulance from my GP surgery the .The paramedics were wonderful so patient went straight to resus dept at Queens and they were great Horray for our NHS

Suggested improvements
Not a lot they could have done any differently

Review of Outpatient Team 3
19th July 2024

Professional service from all in team 3…. Very happy.

Suggested improvements
Provide trans port from train station?

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2