Mr James Fairley

Consultant ENT - Ear Nose and Throat Specialist Physician and Surgeon

3rd September 2015
Written by a patient at St Saviour's Hospital

I found Mr Fairley to be a very approachable, professional, knowledgable and friendly consultant. I felt totally relaxed during the examination and was kept reassured about what was about to happen and how it might make me feel. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

26th July 2015
Written by a patient at Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery

I am so very sorry to be leaving this review and I wish it could be a different believe me. I went to see Mr Fairley because I had googled and seen this doctors reviews online. During the appointment he began to do a test which involved putting anaesthetic down my nose which made me feel like I couldn't swallow or breath and I panicked. When this happened he wasn't very reassuring and had to get his nurse to help calm me down and after which of being put in a room for 20 mins whilst he attended to another patient who was apparently bleeding he called me back in and told me he wasn't going to undergo any further tests and my main concern was that I was suffering with depression and anxiety. The fact that he had told me that he believed I had a deformity of the inner ear from birth without doing any tests and when I asked if there was an surgery his answer was a blunt no was enough to set anyone into depression but that on top of the procedure with the anaesthetic had me in tears. I don't know how I managed to actually drive home that afternoon and when I did get back to my sister in law who was looking after my 3 year old I just threw myself into her arms and cried my heart out. Not a very good experience. Maybe this doctor doesn't understand the impact this has had on me when I went there with such hope and trust in him which was totally deflated and shattered and came out 100 times worse than I felt before going. I do hate that I am leaving this review but it is nothing but the truth and I wish it could be a different story. I am now trying to gain help from other sources as my ear problem is debilitating and making my life unbearable. I have 3 businesses and a 3 year old and I need to get this sorted and have some quality of life. Depression, anxiety and desperation utter distress are my secondary concerns!!! My primary concern is my ear and the struggles it is causing me just living a normal life. Even if I was given some form of help in the way of medication or hope it would have been something to pull me though but there was nothing. I felt he didn't even listen to me and his reaction to my distress was just embarrassment to have a woman crying in his room and he really didn't know what to say or how to reassure me. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody that needed reassurance and care.

15th July 2015
Written by a patient at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

Very clear consultation with patient explanation of my ear problem. Treatment carried out successfully. Very professional at all times. Also very flexible with same day appointment arranged and follow up letter detailing my treatment provided the same day. Efficient and high recommended.

9th July 2015
Written by a patient at Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery

What excellent care and attention from the initial (very quickly arranged) phone call to and throughout my consultation. Clear detail and advice followed up extremely rapidly in writing. Thank you

4th July 2015
Written by a patient at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

I was pleased that such an informative, professional consultant performed my recent ear surgery. ( mastoidectomy and tympanoplasty).Mr. James Fairley provided clear details of the operation and of his previous research in the relevant areas before surgery. I was sent a detailed and reassuring account of what he had found and my surgical treatment, within hours of the operation. I felt well prepared for the symptoms and treatment required following surgery. Mrs Sylvia Fairley provides a superb support; not only is she a very efficient administrator , she is also a very friendly, knowlegeable medical practitioner who is able to answer questions and offer guidance and reassurance . I would recommend this excellent team to any prospective patient requiring ENT specialist treatment, without hesitation.

Nearest Otolaryngologists