Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

28th February 2018
Written by a member of staff at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am a staff nurse that has recently worked with Zoe Winters at Queen Alexandra Hospital. Zoe was not only an exceptional physician but absolutely dedicated to giving the best possible care to her patients. She is passionate, motivated and very committed to her work. Her manner with the patients was one of empathy and very caring, making the patients feel that they are getting the "gold standard "of care. Her knowledge and understanding of breast cancer was outstanding often attending conferences to keep updated with the advances in breast disease. As a colleague I would have no hesitation in recommending her.

23rd February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I saw Professor Zoe Winters this afternoon. I was very anxious at the thought of having a lump in my breast. Zoe Winters very quickly put me at ease with her kind and thoughtful words. Everything was explained to me and she also explained it all to my husband even showing him the ultra sound as I was being examined. I cannot thank her enough for all the care she gave me, even seeing me through and sitting with me when I was put in the care of another doctor for some treatment. A very passionate and caring lady. Thank you miss Winters

18th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I would recommend Miss Winters to any woman who needs supportive and thorough care when faced with unexplained breast pain or a lump which needs further investigation. Throughout the last months of 2017, she gave me exceptional treatment and reassurance whilst remaining empathetic throughout. Whilst my situation was not straightforward following what should have been a simple Vacuum Assisted Biopsy, Miss Winters saw to it that I had the necessary care to help me progress towards a proper recovery. I feel that she is an extremely dedicated and competent surgeon in 'breast care' whose manner is a credit to her profession and a benefit to all of those who find themselves in the unfortunate situation of needing just such a person.

17th February 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I would highly recommend Dr Winters, I felt very confident in her hands. She sometimes spoke in very medical jargon, but this also gave me lots of confidence in her knowledge of my breast surgery and that she was doing the very best for me.

27th January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I first saw Prof Winters 10 years ago, and in my three 'events' of having to be operated on both breasts, she has been involved in various degrees in the diagnosis, operation, and post surgical care - the latest one operated on by herself only two weeks ago. Prof Winters, being a surgen and also an distinguished academic, applies her very wide-ranging and in-depth knowledge about breart cancer to my diagnosis and to the operation. She is very considerate and circumspect in her diagnostic process, as she thinks about all kind of possibilities and assesses their likelihood and risks very rationally. She is a very delicate surgon who while making sure the operation is effective, tries to minimise the impact of surgery on patient, as she is also as an established academic in life-quality. She always explains things logically and in great detail so that I understand everything about my condition and also the operation. The operation went very smoothly and I am almost fully recovered in two weeks' time. Despite the stress of having the disease, I feel very lucky to be seen and being taken care of by Prof Winters, and I certainly will recommend anyone who has a breast condition to see Zoe.

Short link to review Professor Zoe Winters: http://iwgc.net/ecjth