Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

18th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I would recommend Miss Winters to any woman who needs supportive and thorough care when faced with unexplained breast pain or a lump which needs further investigation. Throughout the last months of 2017, she gave me exceptional treatment and reassurance whilst remaining empathetic throughout. Whilst my situation was not straightforward following what should have been a simple Vacuum Assisted Biopsy, Miss Winters saw to it that I had the necessary care to help me progress towards a proper recovery. I feel that she is an extremely dedicated and competent surgeon in 'breast care' whose manner is a credit to her profession and a benefit to all of those who find themselves in the unfortunate situation of needing just such a person.

17th February 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I would highly recommend Dr Winters, I felt very confident in her hands. She sometimes spoke in very medical jargon, but this also gave me lots of confidence in her knowledge of my breast surgery and that she was doing the very best for me.

27th January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I first saw Prof Winters 10 years ago, and in my three 'events' of having to be operated on both breasts, she has been involved in various degrees in the diagnosis, operation, and post surgical care - the latest one operated on by herself only two weeks ago. Prof Winters, being a surgen and also an distinguished academic, applies her very wide-ranging and in-depth knowledge about breart cancer to my diagnosis and to the operation. She is very considerate and circumspect in her diagnostic process, as she thinks about all kind of possibilities and assesses their likelihood and risks very rationally. She is a very delicate surgon who while making sure the operation is effective, tries to minimise the impact of surgery on patient, as she is also as an established academic in life-quality. She always explains things logically and in great detail so that I understand everything about my condition and also the operation. The operation went very smoothly and I am almost fully recovered in two weeks' time. Despite the stress of having the disease, I feel very lucky to be seen and being taken care of by Prof Winters, and I certainly will recommend anyone who has a breast condition to see Zoe.

26th January 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

Finding out I was BRAC1 positive and knowing the best resolution was a double mastectomy was truly frightening. I faint at blood tests however walking into Dr Zoe Winters consultant room one morning, that feeling soon went. Zoe put me at ease within seconds. Zoe is very thorough and made sure I understood everything she was explaining. I had my right breast removed in Sept 17 and my left last week. I am healing well and I am looking forward to seeing them in 6 months time when they have fully healed. I would highly recommend Dr Winters to anyone, I feel so blessed and lucky she was my surgeon. I've never met someone who loves their job as much as Zoe, she never stops working or supporting those who she will be helping throughout their difficult journey.

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

Attended the breast surgery clinic at Portsmouth and was seen by Dr Zoe Winters. I have had ongoing attendance at breast clinics for decades but never have I been so impressed by a doctor. From the moment I entered her consulting room , full of angst, I was immediately put at my ease. Dr Winters listened to everything I said, was particularly empathetic, very thorough in her examination and assessment and filled me with so much confidence that , as I waited for the results of further tests, I was very relaxed and thought that if my results showed the need for further treatment, then I couldn't be in better hands. Dr Winters is an exceptional physician whom I would have every confidence in recommending to others. She is truly a beacon of light in the medical / surgical world.

Short link to review Professor Zoe Winters: http://iwgc.net/ecjth