professor-david-m-lloyd

Professor David M Lloyd

16th September 2021

Being the first time I had required surgery I was naturally apprehensive, however from the first meeting with Professor Lloyd at Spire Leicester I felt totally at ease with the forthcoming Laparoscopic operation. Prof Lloyd took time to explain the procedure and was happy to listen to my concerns and questions and answer them in a clear and helpful manner. Rest assured I waited for the op in a relaxed state certain that my surgery was in excellent hands. A week after surgery I returned for a post operative assessment and even drove to the meeting such was the recovery afforded by his skill and care. The team at Spire Leicester provided excellent pre-op and post-op support care and I cannot thank them enough for their dedication.

16th September 2021

Excellent service from the start. Smooth as silk from start to finish. Prof Lloyd said with keyhole surgery I would be back at work in four days and I was. Very pleased all round.

20th August 2021

I met Professor Lloyd after many years of discomfort and having seen many other consultants about iliopsoas pain and hip instability. I wasn't really sure if the Lloyd release procedure would be the solution, but it couldn't be any worse than the other treatments and wasted time with eminent doctors who couldn't resolve my pain. Prof Lloyd immediately gave me a steroid injection in the inguinal ligament and although it didn't relieve the pain, it was clear that it was the right source of the pain. During the operation, he found and repaired a spigelian hernia. Apparently it's quite rare and hard to diagnose, which explains why my GP said it was idiopathic pain (GP speak for hypoconddria IMO). Following the operation, I feel liberated. The tightness and pain in the area has disappeared both in the groin area and abdominal area. It wasn't so long ago, so I haven't started running or yoga yet, but I know that I will be able to do the stretches I could never do before! The staff at the Spire were excellent and the food after surgery most welcome

10th August 2021

From my first consultation with Professor Lloyd to my post surgery meeting, Professor Lloyd made me feel confident that I had indeed chosen the best surgeon for my gallbladder procedure. Everything was thoroughly explained to me throughout, from my admittance to hospital to post op consultation. I strongly recommend Professor Lloyd and thank him for improving my life.

16th July 2021

If you have found your way, as I did, to Professor Lloyd, I would suggest you need to look no further and contact him with regards to your problem. I found both him and his team remarkable and they resolved my hernia issue expertly in a caring way. I'll set out below details of my problem and how it was dealt with, in the hope that it will explain why I recommend professor Lloyd so highly and without reservation. Around the middle of June this year, 2021, I decided I had to do something about my inguinal hernia that was becoming unmanageable, after several years of trying to live with it. This being at the time of a global pandemic added a dimension which seemed to imply getting any sort of a quick solution could well be difficult. By, what I consider, great good fortune, I came across Professor Lloyd's site and having looked at his CV and the testimonials immediately decided to contact him about the possibility of treatment. This was on the afternoon of Friday the eighteenth of June and, to my pleasant surprise, he emailed me back that afternoon, answering a couple of questions I had raised and saying should I wish to proceed to contact his secretary. I would like to add, at this point, his secretary Lynne Haddon is as expert and efficient in her field as professor Lloyd is in his. Lynne contacted me on the Monday morning arranging a consultation for the following day. On attending the consultation I was immediately aware that Professor Lloyds reputation as an expert in his field and his incredible personality were well justified. He examined me and proceeded to explain, in plain and clear terms, what action he would take to resolve my issue. Bearing in mind I had allowed the situation regarding my hernia to develop over some time and I was therefor responsible for the situation I was presenting. Professor Lloyd never mentioned this, he just applied his expertise to the issue, in front of him and dealt with it. I personally found this quite remarkable. His whole attitude was that he was there to resolve my medical problem in the best way he could and had all the time in the world to deal with any issues I might have. He even had time to talk about some of my life experiences which he genuinely found interesting. I have traveled fairly extensively and met many people under many circumstances, so I believe that I know if someone is showing genuine interest in me. I think we all instinctively do. I was then booked in for surgery on the first of July. Because of the large size of the hernia I had to have open surgery which wasn't a problem to me as I had great faith in professor Lloyds judgement. The whole process through admission, going to the room allocated to me, my interacting with the nurses and anesthetist, were all extremely pleasant and positive. In fact the same can be said for everyone I was involved with. It felt that everyone treated me as if I was the only person they had to deal with that day, which was quite something in my estimation. Summing up I saw Professor Lloyd yesterday evening the 15th July, and he signed me off. We briefly discussed the operation and it's results, which both he and I were extremely pleased with and he explained how to continue to my complete recovery. He added I should contact him, should any issues arose regarding the surgery. The only thing to add is that Professor Lloyd is only a forty minute drive away from where I live. This of course made my situation simple in terms of logistics. However, my respect for him and his team would still make me suggest that it is well worth contacting him if you think you can overcome any logistical issues.

Professor David M Lloyd was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Professor of Surgery and Consultant Surgeon specialising in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Gall Stone Surgery, Hernia Surgery and Surgery for Groin Pain.

Short link to review Professor David M Lloyd: http://iwgc.net/edk4d