professor-david-m-lloyd

Professor David M Lloyd

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a private patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital
9th March 2021

Professor Lloyd did a hernia repair for me two weeks ago. I returned home the same day having received excellent care at the Nuffield. The operation was a great success and I suffered no pain whatsoever. I was back at work the next day, feeling well and much more comfortable. I would have no hesitation in recommending Professor Lloyd, an excellent surgeon.

Written by a private patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
4th March 2021

I was under Professor Lloyd for my gallbladder removal due to stones and an infected gallbladder. The care I received from him and his team was outstanding. The operation, by keyhole surgery, was painless, quick and without an after effects. By the next day I was feeling no pain or discomfort at all. After seeing him 2 weeks after the operation I he was more than pleased with my progress. Indeed, after the 2 days I had to keep on reminding myself not to overdo things, as I was back to normal! The wounds, of which I had four small incisions, have healed perfectly. That was after 7 days. I am most grateful to Professor Lloyd for the outstanding efficiency and service. I would not hesitate to recommend his services.

Written by a private patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
18th February 2021

Excellent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ After months of groin pain I was referred via Bupa to see Professor David Lloyd, I must say I was skeptical that someone could locate or even know why I was getting this pain so deep inside that I couldn’t even touch it myself, I had an MRI to rule out anything more serious like a hip problem etc and then presented myself for examination with David, He clearly has a substantial professional knowledge in this field and with one poke hit the spot and told me exactly what was happening inside, Again I’m now skeptical !!! Ok how can you fix this ? He explained how the Lloyd release would insert a mesh extend and repair the ligament oh and whilst I’m there il fix that little hernia you have in your belly button... I Booked in with for surgery and must say the care and attention to detail even during covid was outstanding felt completely comfortable that the hospital took everyone precaution with prior PCR test before entering the COVID FREE Hospital Green ZONE and the staff are regularly tested to keep you safe to.. RESULT - as expected, Sore tummy and a little awkward to get in and out of bed for a few days but everyday felt like 50% improvement from the previous day but NO GROIN PAIN it’s fixed Today I had my follow up appointment 2 weeks after surgery but i was back to normal after 10 days ... Discharged and told Professor Lloyd he was a Magician Excellent Job David Thankyou so much Captain Wayne Lee

Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
23rd December 2020

I can't praise Professor Lloyd enough. He immediately put me at ease, and his knowledge and skill are outstanding. The care he took before and after the operation went way beyond my expectations. After a follow up consultation yesterday, I am happy to say that I am pain free and recovering well, just 11 days after my laparoscopic incisional hernia repair. By far the best money that I have ever spent, I feel very lucky to have been referred to Professor Lloyd and words simply cannot express my gratitude for the quality of care and expertise received. 100% recommended.

Written by a carer at Spire Leicester Hospital
23rd December 2020

I took my 15 year old daughter into see Dr Lloyd. He said that she had a tension in the ligament causing discomfort. My daughter play County hockey and has been struggling with pain for a few months. Dr Lloyd was certain it was he what he calls a inguinal tear or disruption. Anyway me and my daughter left and a diagnosis had been made along with a date to do the procedure. I thought it would be best to get a second opinion just to be sure so I visited a well known specialist. They performed various test and scans and it came down to a intestinal infection causing the pain. To think that Mr Lloyd was going to perform a the wrong procedure on my daughter who is only a young girl was really worrying and I have a great concern for anyone that uses his services. I therefore would not recommend Dr David Lloyd as a surgeon.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Professor David M Lloyd was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Professor of Surgery and Consultant Surgeon specialising in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Gall Stone Surgery, Hernia Surgery and Surgery for Groin Pain.

Short link to review Professor David M Lloyd: http://iwgc.net/edk4d