professor-david-m-lloyd

Written by a carer at Leicester General Hospital
26th May 2020

Professor Lloyd is part of a team that has kept my partner alive. He is incredibly down to earth, has a great sense of humour and more importantly is a great surgeon. If you need to see a surgeon that genuinely cares for you then choose Professor Lloyd. He will explain everything in as much detail as you need and in layman terms. You will get the best advice, the best surgical option and great aftercare.

30th March 2020

I had been struggling for some time when my GP referred me to Prof Lloyd. I am so glad he did. We thought it was a Spigelian hernia; indeed I had many of the signs, but nothing showed on imaging. But with this type of hernia, that is not uncommon. It is difficult to diagnose. Still, based on his examination, Prof Lloyd performed laparscopic examination, with an eye to repairing the hernia we thought was there. Turned out I didn't have a hernia, but Prof Lloyd looked further. He found incredible abdominal adhesions that had been impacting my system and my life for decades. He cleared them out and I feel better than I have, ever, in my adult life. Prof Lloyd took great care of me; he heard me when I told him what I was experiencing and he acted on that. I am deeply grateful.

15th March 2020

Professor Lloyd removed my gall bladder. The operation went well, and the care at the Spire was excellent. Prof. Lloyd explained the procedure very clearly and allayed my concerns about after effects. I was up and active again after less than a week.

10th March 2020

First class professional ,his style of ,straight to the point answers and advice gave me great confidence,all delivered with a nice sense of humour

28th February 2020

Truly professional, considerate and caring. 2 operations. One for gall bladder and second for hernia. Both undertaken without stress by Professor Lloyd and his team. Left hospital after the hernia op and not a single pain killer required. Quite an outstanding man. From initial consultations to final dispatch cannot praise too highly.

Professor David M Lloyd was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Professor of Surgery and Consultant Surgeon specialising in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Gall Stone Surgery, Hernia Surgery and Surgery for Groin Pain.

Short link to review Professor David M Lloyd: http://iwgc.net/edk4d