professor-david-m-lloyd

Professor David M Lloyd

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

3rd December 2020

I would highly recommend Professor David M Lloyd , he removed my gallbladder 3 weeks ago & did a fantastic job , so glad I chose him .

25th November 2020

After seven hours in my local A & E department I was told a large gallstone was causing the excruciating pain which had caused me to visit the hospital. I was advised to have my gall bladder removed, and told to await an outpatient appointment to see a specialist. At that time (mid-October) newspapers were reporting that many hospitals were cancelling routine procedures to clear wards in anticipation of an influx of Covid 19 patients, and I decided look into the possibility of arranging private treatment. It was my great good fortune to see Professor Lloyd's cv when researching online, and I contacted him by email. Very promptly I received a reply offering a consultation in less than a week. On meeting Professor Lloyd I immediately felt at ease with his friendly manner and professional advice, and his thorough explanation of what would happen during the procedure. I felt confident to place my trust in his skills, and three weeks later I was admitted to Leicester Nuffield Hospital for a laparoscopic cholesystectomy. The staff who looked after me at the hospital were caring and attentive, and made sure my needs were anticipated and met. Professor Lloyd came to check on me after the operation, and again the next morning to ensure I was ready to to go home. Two weeks later I saw Professor Lloyd for my follow up appointment, when he gave me full details about the sorry state my gall bladder had been in, and patiently answered my questions about future care. In summary, I would wholeheartedly recommend Professor Lloyd as an expert surgeon with excellent people skills.

13th November 2020

Great care and outcome from start to finish

Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
8th November 2020

I recently consulted Professor Lloyd about my double inguinal hernias which, given the present climate of risk, I would have been unable to have treated by the NHS. From first appointment through to the actual laparoscopic procedure, and same day discharge, I always felt well informed and confident. I would, without any hesitation, recommend this gentleman to anyone seeking such services

Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
6th November 2020

Professor Lloyd has performed 2 separate hernia operations on me in the past 2 years, one keyhole and one with a longer incision. On each occasion I cannot speak highly enough about the care and attention I have been afforded throughout the whole procedures, from initial consultation, the operation itself and follow up consultation. On both occasions I have been able to return home within hours of the procedure without the need for any painkillers. I hope I have no need for future operations but, if so, I would not hesitate to consult Professor Lloyd again.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Professor David M Lloyd was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Professor of Surgery and Consultant Surgeon specialising in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Gall Stone Surgery, Hernia Surgery and Surgery for Groin Pain.

Short link to review Professor David M Lloyd: http://iwgc.net/edk4d