Professor Alastair Sutcliffe

I am a Professor of General Paediatrics. My interests include young people, babies and acting as a primary care paediatrician for some families. I also speak some Turkish. I have 30 years experience and am often asked for second opinions. My golden rule is the Mother is always right (and sometimes us Dads!)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

Doctor Sutcliffe is by far the best doctor I have ever had (and I have had a lot of doctors). He takes good care of me and listens to me whenever I see him. Every time I go to one of his appointments I enjoy every minute of it and I look forward to the next time I see him. I trust him a lot to make the right decisions about my medical condition and I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

17th November 2016
Written by a carer at Highgate Hospital Ltd

It came as no surprise to me to read words such as 'blown away' by other reviewers on this site concerning Professor Sutcliffe's care. He really is an extraordinary doctor and moreover, person. He treated my 4 year old daughter with warmth and charm that she usually only receives from close family members. He completely gets children - how to interact with them and allay their fears. He treated me, as her mother, with the highest regard. I always felt listened to and he spoke to me as an equal and with respect. His communication with me went above and beyond what I expected. I cannot recommend Professor Sutcliffe highly enough.

1st November 2016
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

All my 3 kids are seen by Prof Sutcliffe. Especially the guidance and direction provided me for my elder autistic son is awesome and under his guidelines we achieved a lot of improvement on him and his life is changed a lot. He remember everything about my kids and he take care my kids health as his own kids, this is very much appreciated and there are no words to write about that. Me and my wife feel always feel we are very lucky to have him as our kids consultant. No words to thank him.

27th October 2016
Written by a carer at Highgate Hospital Ltd

My 5 year old has seen Prof Sutcliffe a couple of times for varying issues. Each time we were given ample time, listened to and given great advice. Follow-up was quick and helpful. The only negative is that Prof Sutcliffe will no longer be at Highgate Hospital, so we may have to stop seeing him. Gutting.

19th October 2016
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

I am writing as a grandparent of a child that has been cared for by Dr Sutcliffe since she was born at U C H. My son and daughter in law spent the majority of the first six months of her life living in the hospital. My husband and I visited them but did not meet Dr Sutcliffe until sometime after that period. However they were full of praise for this man who seemed to be giving them the hope, understanding and compassion that they desperately needed during this period with their first child. It wasn't until I accompanied my son and daughter in law to one of his clinics that I realised why they were so impressed with this Doctor. Dr Sutcliffe goes beyond what one would expect from a doctor at the normal visit to a clinic. He is very friendly and welcoming. He is always positive and encouraging. He listens well to the parents before giving his own opinion and advice. In my opinion he is an excellent Paediatrician.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »