Professor Alastair Sutcliffe

I am a Professor of General Paediatrics. My interests include young people, babies and acting as a primary care paediatrician for some families. I also speak some Turkish. I have 30 years experience and am often asked for second opinions. My golden rule is the Mother is always right (and sometimes us Dads!)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

23rd October 2017
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

Excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and professional. Got to the diagnosis without requiring tests. The treatment was very well tolerated and my soon got better. Very impressed.

19th October 2017
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

A wonderful approachable paediatrician with a kind and reassuring manner, who clearly genuinely cares about his patients. We took our 12 week old daughter for a consultation and were immediately put at ease by him. He backs up all of his statements and assessments with facts and information and is clear and unambiguous in his advice.

18th April 2017
Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital

I took my anxious daughter to see Dr Sutcliffe for an assessment. He instantly put us both at ease with his warm and 'human' approach. We felt he understood our concerns and compassionately answered our many questions. We both agreed he's the nicest Dr we've ever met! Keep up the great work.

30th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital

Hi, I am 15 year old boy and was diagnosed with Epilepsy as I had couple of seizures - 1 at school and 1 at home. Both me and my parents were very worried about this condition. My GP recommended me to UCL where Dr & Professor Sutcliffe is a specialist and continues to research in this area (of my condition). I was started on medication and could share with him all mine (& my parents) issues, fears related to my condition. Dr Sutcliffe was very reassuring. It has been almost three years on medication and I feel healthy, positive and ready to wean off my medication as there has not been any other episodes. I am about to give my GCSE's this year. Dr Sutcliffe gave me lot of advise on how to be stress free. An amazing doctor , friend and a guide !!!

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I was most impressed with the attentiveness and care provided by Dr Sutcliffe. His was reassuring at all times and is very knowledgable - I would highly recommend Dr Sutcliffe for high quality care.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »