Professor Alastair Sutcliffe

I am a Professor of General Paediatrics. My interests include young people, babies and acting as a primary care paediatrician for some families. I also speak some Turkish. I have 30 years experience and am often asked for second opinions. My golden rule is the Mother is always right (and sometimes us Dads!)

26th April 2019
Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital

I am extremely grateful to Dr. Sutcliffe. He made highly important researches on his field, which not only contributed to a better acknowledgment of this science, but to the wellbeing of patients. He clarified all my worries about my health as a woman in the most human way. I have a PhD, I am also a researcher, and I am usually not content with simplistic explanations about our bodies. He explained everything deeply and clear.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital

Hi, My name is Quinn. I am 8 years old and I am grateful that Prof Sutcliffe is my doctor. I went to him for the first time 2 years ago when I fell and got a severe concussion. I was very scared and so were my parents, but he was so nice and helped me stay calm (and my Mommy). Now I go to him every time I need a doctor or a check up. I never want to go to another doctor. He talks to me like I am a big kid and even gives me great suggestions about life and growing up. My parents say he is "the best referral they have ever received." I saw him last week when I lost my voice. He told me to take this medicine for 3 days and I'd be better. He was right! He is so nice and he doesn't hurt at all when he gives shots either. Sheryl in his office is super nice and helpful too. Thanks Prof! You're cool! Quinn C.

6th December 2018
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

Professor A. Sutcliffe is an amazing doctor. He really takes the time to listen to your concern and is extremely understanding and helpful. He is always smiling and my children felt comfortable and safe around him. He always fully explains any procedure/referral in great details. Definitely would recommend him to anyone!

Nearest Paediatricians