Professor Alastair Sutcliffe

I am a Professor of General Paediatrics. My interests include young people, babies and acting as a primary care paediatrician for some families. I also speak some Turkish. I have 30 years experience and am often asked for second opinions. My golden rule is the Mother is always right (and sometimes us Dads!)

2nd December 2019

Prof Sutcliffe is by far the best paediatrician we have come across. He saved my son 6 years ago when he was a newborn and has since looked after him and my subsequent 2 kids as well as myself and my husband. He is a wonderful human being, whose clinics are always warm and fun for both parents and children. We always feel safe with Prof; he is kind and attentive and gives his patients all the time they need. He takes the time to explain a diagnosis and what the next steps are and never makes us feel uneasy or worried. My children only like going to see him when they are ill. His bedside manner is one of a kind as he is a one of a kind doctor. We were sad to hear that he was retiring from private practice. He will be missed by all

Written by a carer at University College Hospital
17th November 2019

Professor A Sutcliffe the first time he saw my child I felt confident that he will sort out long lasting ongoing health problems that he had which he is doing it. We are very grateful that we have met him and cannot thank him enough for what he is doing for our son. He is a lovely human being and an excellent professional.

30th October 2019

Extremely qualified, kind and smart. It always felt an honour to get his advice. So good and funny with my son and daughter. We looked forward to our appointments.

30th October 2019

Prof Sutcliffe is one in a million. Not only is he an absolutely brilliant doctor, he is great for nervous parents and children. He always goes the extra mile and my three love to see him. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital
26th April 2019

I am extremely grateful to Dr. Sutcliffe. He made highly important researches on his field, which not only contributed to a better acknowledgment of this science, but to the wellbeing of patients. He clarified all my worries about my health as a woman in the most human way. I have a PhD, I am also a researcher, and I am usually not content with simplistic explanations about our bodies. He explained everything deeply and clear.

Nearest Paediatricians