Prof Vladimir Bobic

Vladimir Bobić is a Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon in full-time clinical and surgical practice. He is the Director and founder of Chester Knee Clinic and Cartilage Repair Centre. The clinic, founded in 1996, is based at the Grosvenor Hospital in Chester, where it is recognised as an ISAKOS-approved teaching centre. Professor Bobić has over twenty five years of extensive experience in all aspects of knee surgery, including arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction, knee arthroplasty, and particularly in articular cartilage repair. Prof Bobić is an internationally recognised expert and one of the UK’s clinical pioneers in knee articular cartilage repair. His clinical and surgical practice includes all contemporary articular cartilage repair technologies like subchondral drilling (microfracture), OATS (autologous osteochondral grafting, which is often combined with implantation of autologous bone marrow aspirate), AMIC (deep subchondral drilling combined with collagen ChondroGide membrane), ACI (autologous chondrocyte implantation or characterized chondrocyte implantation) and various autologus stem cell-based therapies.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

Mr Bobic has operated on both my knees for torn cartilage and in both cases was simply a pleasure. His approach is friendly and very knowledgeable and he will try to be as amenable as possible to ensure the best resolution. Can't recommend him enough.

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

Professor Bobic has been looking after my knees for seven or eight years and I can only say he is an excellent man. I have had both knees treated twice by him and his care and attention is first rate. He listens to what I have to say and tells exactly what is happening to you joints.

10th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

Professor Bobic is, in my opinion, a superb surgeon with excellent interpersonal skills. He has gone out of his way to fit me in for surgery at very short notice and to liaise with my private medical insurance company. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and with the follow up treatment and advice I have received subsequently. I would not hesitate to approach him if I need further knee intervention in the future.

10th February 2018
Response from Prof Vladimir Bobic

Thank you. Much appreciated!

8th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

I have been seeing Mr Bobic for a number of years now and the standard of his surgery and care is excellent. I had seen a number of knee surgeons previously who left me in a poor state. Mr Bobic performed an operation to restore my cartilage which has prevented me from having to have a total knee replacement. I regularly hike in the Lake District up to heights of 800m and beyond without any problems. This was unthinkable before his surgery. Mr Bobic is a kind and warm person as well as being a fantastic surgeon. He genuinely cares about his patients and wants the absolute best for them. He is head and shoulders above anyone else I have seen.

8th February 2018
Response from Prof Vladimir Bobic

Many thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated.

7th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

In patient at the Nuffield for my second total knee replacement by Professor Bobic. The level of care and attention to detail by the surgeon and all of the staff at the Nuffield was exemplary. I was fully briefed before the surgery and my post op. care from Professor Bobic, the nursing staff and physiotherapy staff exceeded my expectations. I was fully informed every step of the way and am delighted with the post operative results. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Professor Bobic and all of the Nuffield staff members to anybody considering knee surgery. Colin Appleton 7th February 2018

7th February 2018
Response from Prof Vladimir Bobic

Thank you Colin. Much appreciated! Good to know that we are not complete Muppets

Short link to review Prof Vladimir Bobic: http://iwgc.net/eeltt