Prof Alasdair Coles

Neurologist Special interest in multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology

• Neurology

19th July 2017
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Very polite and friendly when he wanted a student to be in the consultation, then proceeded to tell me that what I am feeling is wrong, what other doctors have told me in the past was wrong, he then appeared to become annoyed with me and asked what I wanted from him. Came out more confused and feeling a bit like I had been more of a burden than a patient

9th December 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I felt Prof Coles kept an eye out for me when I needed it. Him and his team have been very supportive and available throughout the trial I was involved in and after.

14th September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Dr Coles is an amazing Doctor! He has an fantastic ability to make you feel cared for, safe & reassured. His incredible knowledge of MS, research & treatment alongside his ability to communicate in a down to earth, individually centred way makes the journey with MS more tolerable & less scary. An Awesome human being!! Thank you :)))

10th September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Dr Cole makes you feel so at ease to ask any questions and share any concerns and always takes the times to explain things.He has always taken times to speak to my family and put them at ease when necessary too. Being in the care of a Doctor that you are able to have so much respect for and also trust, makes hard decisions and difficult times easier. I could not fault any of the care I have had from him and the team in last 15 years and feel so grateful to them all.

20th August 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2002 and met Alasdair Coles the following year. In what was a difficult time for me and those around me to take on board the enormity of the situation, Dr Coles, as he was then, was a calming authority on the condition, the treatment and the impact it has on people. In the very early stages of my treatment on a clinical trial, I mentioned that I was a proverbial 'Guinea pig' for the study, and without a thought he replied, 'Not at all, you're a patient, and any treatment you received will be in the best interest of you're health and well being'. I can honestly assure anybody reading this, that that is exactly what has happened! I am still part of the study programme and continue to be treated as an individual patient and feel as cared for and valued as I did in 2003.

Nearest Neurologists