Obinna Anuruegbe

Medical doctor with interest in amalgamating clinical practice, innovation and public health. I subscribe to the line of thought that medical doctors are health creators not just problem-solvers. On that premise, I am passionate about managing complex health issues through innovation and encouraging health-seeking behavior and health promoting activities in the patient population.

17th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Royal Infirmary

After spending 2 weeks in 2 different hospitals and speaking to many different nurses, doctors and midwifes, the experience I had with Obi was the best one I had. Rather than telling me what was going on, he thoroughly explained the entire situation so I understood everything and really helped me to understand why my daughter had been in the Special Care unit and what methods they were trying to get her better. He went out of his way to chase down some lab results that were the only things still keeping us in hospital as he knew I was eager to get my daughter home. He has a very welcoming presence and a very calm manner that made me feel at complete ease when he was around my daughter and I felt completely comfortable with him during her examinations and was never worried. Being in the presence of many different specialists over my hospital visits in the last 2 weeks, he has really stood out to me and was amazing. The only suggestion I would have for him is to show other doctors his methods so that other parents, that just want immediate straight forward answers about their child’s health rather than people going back and forth, can be completely relaxed and comfortable in this hospital environment, especially when they have to leave their babies here; Knowing I would be leaving my baby girl in safe hands made the hospital experience so much easier and allowed me to be at ease when I was at home without her.

4th June 2018
Written by a carer at Northampton General Hospital

Obi was fantastic with my daughter when we went into PAU in Northampton General with a high fever last week. He was friendly and playful ensuring he earnt both of our trust quickly whilst being professional with a calm and caring manner, exactly what a parent with a young baby in hospital wants to be greeted with.

4th June 2018
Written by a carer at Northampton General Hospital

Obi made time to explain things properly to me so I understood what was happening to my baby, he answered all question thoughly. When he did blood gases on my baby he took such care of him, he even explained what he was doing at all times even though my baby is 6 weeks old. I highly recommend obi and I trust him.

29th March 2018
Written by a carer at Northampton General Hospital

Obi was very good with my four year old daughter, making her smile and getting her to do what was needed without scaring her. He was also very patient with us. All of our questions were answered and although the diagnosis changed when consulted with the senior doctor, Obi came straight back to us to explain what this meant and what would be done next.

20th March 2018
Written by a carer at Northampton General Hospital

Obinna was very personable and his doctoring seemed extremely thorough. Alongside this he was very caring and good with children. Thank you.

Short link to review Obinna Anuruegbe: http://iwgc.net/emxjn