mrs-isabella-karat

« 1 2 3 4 »

8th May 2022

I met Mrs Karat feeling very concerned that my previous cancer had returned and spread. She was empathetic, informative and approachable and made me feel in a much calmer place and I left the appointment feeling I would be in safe hands. Mrs Karat recommended a PETCT scan for further investigation and to inform my treatment plan. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of communication within this process. After waiting for 10 days I called to see where I was on the list and was told I wasn't actually on the list. After a lot of calls and no date a week later, we finally managed to speak to a lady at Guildford who gave us a date, which will be 4 weeks from my first meeting with Mrs Karat. I have full faith in Mrs Karat and I look forward to meeting her again once I have had the scan, but I feel this is an area that can be improved to reduce stress in what is an already stressful time for the patient, and allow for a smooth running process and a care plan to be agreed.

5th May 2022

Mrs Karat performed bilateral breast cancer surgery on me in November 2018 and the advice, treatment and care I received was exemplary. She is a lovely lady, very kind caring and professional. I have just received a letter from her stating that my recent mammogram has NOT shown any suspicious features. How lucky am I?

Written by a private patient at Spire Clare Park Hospital
7th April 2022

I went to Mrs. Karat because I wanted a mammogram to check that my cancer had not recurred. She listened to my concerns about osteoporosis which was making my spine subject to wedging and possible fracture, and sent me also for DEXA scan, which my GP said was not necessary. The result has been reassuring, and I am extremely grateful to Mrs. Karat for taking an interest in my health outside of her immediate specialism.

18th March 2022

My friend had surgery for breast cancer 8 days ago. A haematoma (swelling and pain) developed but her query on Friday wasn't taken seriously. By Sunday and after a 6 HR wait at the A&E was turned away as there was no ultrasound at the weekend. When it was finally drained of 300mls she still hadn't had communication from Ms Karat her surgeon. Pretty poor show. I am a retired doctor not of this speciality but what happened to some sort of compression post op.

19th January 2022

She is very friendly and informative. She explained everything to me in a very simple yet caring way.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mrs Isabella Karat was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon working at Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey. I also work privately at Parkside Suite Frimley and at Spire Clare Park Hospital. I am Clinical Lead for Private Patient Services for Frimley Health Foundation Trust. At the Royal College of Surgeons, I am Course Director for the Breast Surgery Skills Course, and I am e-tutor to the National MS degree in Oncoplastic Surgery. My areas of expertise and special interests are in breast cancer, breast reconstruction, benign and congenital breast surgery, family history assessment and cosmetic surgery. I also treat patients with skin lumps and bumps, melanoma and other skin cancers. I empathise with the needs of women, and I seek to provide care in an efficient, open and approachable style. I would be more than happy to discuss ANY breast related problems in a relaxed setting, and can be flexible with appointment times to suit those with busy lifestyles.

Short link to review Mrs Isabella Karat: http://iwgc.net/ee2nb