Mrs Christine Craig

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
4th July 2019

I found Mrs Craig to be very personable and professional at the same time. She took the time to explain everything to me on the basis that I have no medical background and in a way that I could understand perfectly.

2nd July 2019

Dr.Craig put me at ease the moment I met her. She took her time and explained the procedure I'm going to have fully. I have every confidence in her.

1st July 2019

Mrs Craig always manages to allay my fears and is straight to the point. She explained in detail about my procedure and also helped my understanding of it by drawing diagrams. My husband met her for the first time today and he said he had total confidence in her.

Written by a carer at Manchester Royal Infirmary
12th June 2019

Excellent professional highly respected ..safe my dads life.

23rd May 2019

Managed to balance being professional and trustworthy with being approachable and reassuring. I wasn't feeling particularly concerned about the appointment but she put me even more at ease and I can easily imagine her being totally reassuring with others. She happily answered questions too. I haven't got any improvements to suggest although the appointment was delayed which was acknowledged and explained and probably beyond the individual's control.

Nearest Gastroenterologists