mrs-christine-craig

Mrs Christine Craig

10th December 2019

This was my first visit to Mrs Craig's surgery. She immediately put me at my ease and the way she posed the questions made it very simple to explain why I was there. Following an examination, when the assisting nurse,l took great care to spare my blushes and was very kind, it was decided that I would need an further procedure. The reason for this was explained in a simple to understand way and I was given information sheets to take home. I was also given the opportunity to make an appointment with another dept. For a scan, so there was no waiting for post to arrive. The whole procedure was stress free and I feel very confident that I am in really good hands during this worrying time.

10th December 2019

This was my first visit to Mrs Craig's surgery. I felt really at ease straight away and it was easy to explain the reason for my visit. The subject could have been embarrassing but the way Mrs Craig asked the questions made it very easy for me explain. I have to have a further procedure, but, thanks to the explanation as to why I need it I know that, although not pleasant, it is necessary. The nurse that attended was also very nice and gave me a feeling that I was going to be well looked after through the following weeks.

9th December 2019

Mrs Craig is someone that is good at her job and always has the interest of her patients, she listened and gives lots of good advice.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
2nd December 2019

Mrs. Craig was reassuring during my visit with her, friendly and gets her points across in a clear way. Best of all she promised me that she would be the surgeon performing my upcoming operation on the 11th December, which was a great relief to me as I would not be comfortable with being operated on by a learner. I feel I am under about as good care as I could be with Mrs Craig as my consultant. Her hair can be a little bright though at times when you are just waking up in your hospital bed!

Mrs Christine Craig was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

Nearest Gastroenterologists