mrs-christine-craig

Mrs Christine Craig

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
16th March 2019

There was a mix up with my appointment when i arrived at the clinic, the outpatients had previously cancelled my appointment with Mrs Craig & re arranged the time & they had changed me to a different consultant which i didn't realise until upon arrival to the dept. I asked the nurse if i could be seen by Mrs Craig, she said her clinic was full today, but did kindly offer to ask Mrs Craig if she would see,once i had explained that i had been under Mrs Craig previously 7 years ago and only wanted to see her. Mrs Craig kindly agreed to see me providing i didn't mind waiting until she had seen her appointments at the end of the clinic. I would say this was giving great care and going above and beyond to ensure that her patients go away happy and are not just a number. Mrs Craig is very professional and has a great bed side manner.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
13th March 2019

I was diagnosed with colon cancer in November 2018. Mrs. Craig, told me the worst; and the best. thankfully for me, I had a superwoman on my side. Mrs. Craig put me at ease, by explaining everything. had my operation in December, in 4 hours I went from cancer to no cancer. I was up and walking about next day, home the following day. I am on chemo at moment, to do clean up. soon be over, and my life can start again. I owe my life to mrs craig; for which I will be eternally grateful.

Mrs Christine Craig was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

Nearest Gastroenterologists