mrs-christine-craig

Mrs Christine Craig

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
23rd April 2019

Dr Craig was warm, patient and so kind. She made me feel so comfortable during my exam, was upfront and gave great advice. I’m so happy I came to her with my medical issue. Thank you so much Dr Craig.

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
6th April 2019

I am a very grateful patient who was treated with great skill and care by Mrs Craig before and after my large bowel cancer surgery.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
3rd April 2019

Mrs Craig is excellent, professional and caring. I had complications after my surgery and she really helped me though it. Would truly recommend Mrs Craig. Carnt thank her enough.

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
2nd April 2019

Lovely lady, makes you feel totally at ease. Totally professional

Mrs Christine Craig was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

Nearest Gastroenterologists