Mrs Amtul Carmichael

12th January 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was referred to Queens Hospital Breast Care clinic in November following leakage of blood from my right breast. I was seen within and week and met Dr. Amtul Carmichael on the 15th of December for major breast duct excision She was very calm and understanding. I felt I could put my trust in her. At my follow up appointment she took time to explain what had been found....fortunately a benign condition and the bleeding had been stopped. I was very impressed by her kindness and attention, but also the time she took to examine my scar and advise how to care for it. She is clearly a highly experienced and competent surgeon who understands the emotional impact women upon women/or men facing any kind of breast condition. I cannot thank her enough and would recommend her to anybody needing urgent breast care. Queens Medical Centre Breast clinic is a wonderful service to the area. I was treated with kindness and understanding by all I met including her registrar who took a great deal of time explaining the treatment I needed.

28th December 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

The most compassionate Surgeon I have ever met. This lady is amazing and is happy to spend as much time as is required under what was extremely worrying times .

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was wonderful, very kind and gentle she went out of her way to make me feel better which went a long way to giving me a positive attitude and a good recovery.

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I recently was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. I was lucky to have Mrs Carmichael as my surgeon. During the initial consultation she held my hands for about 10 mins until I had calmed down. She said it is all about trust, and trust is a two way thing. She is a truly amazing person, who really has true empathy with her patients. I could not have asked for a better surgeon.

17th November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was extremely professional, explained very clearly the results, she also explained very clearly what the operation would involve and what my recovery path would be, the operation went very well with the outcome exactly as Mrs Carmichael predicted, the results were given after the operation with care and compassion, when I felt very vulnerable, thank you.

Short link to review Mrs Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c