Mrs Amtul Carmichael

10th June 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

On arrival at Burton Queens Hospital, I was incredibly nervous and worried for what my tests/investigation may hold for me and my family. I have to say, that from the moment I walked into reception, the attention and care from all staff was amazing. They were kind, attentive and treated me like a human being. I was even offered a cup of coffee from a china cup by the most lovely lady! I received by mammogram from Pam, who was training in this field, she asked if I was happy for her to carry out her practice session along with the support of her trained colleague. They were respectful and made the otherwise uncomfortable and very personal examination very much a light hearted experience. I cannot believe how quickly I was examined and scanned and then to see the consultant and receive my results all in one morning was the most speedy service you could hope for. Mrs Carmichael was so approachable, a kind and gentle lady who again, treated me with respect and as a human being. I am pleased to say I got the all clear, but i am sure had the results been not so positive, the onward care I would have received would have been second to none. Our NHS (certainly in my/this experience), was faultless.....in-fact, they went above and beyond. Thank you team, you were superstars and you all deserve a medal for the work you do.

8th June 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I found Mrs Carmichael to be incredibly kind on top of being a fantastic surgeon. I was devastated when I was diagnosed with breast cancer but she was very sweet & sympathetic with me. She was very supportive to me before my mastectomy & did an incredible job. I can't recommend her enough. I feel like she saved my life.

8th June 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I can so highly recommend Miss Carmichael and the excellent, supportive staff at Burton for their empathy, advice and excellent support care they have given me over the last 2 months. Having had breast cancer 20 years ago with chemotherapy and breast reconstruction I was devastated to have cancer cells found on a routine mammogram. Their supportive, informative and expert care allayed my anxiety and helped me to choose their best clinical options for me. When more marginal tissue was needed Miss Carmichael fitted me into her full schedule so I wouldn't have to wait for surgery and has done an expert job on making me feel whole again as a woman and positive about my future. Her staff were so supportive as I can see she is of them. Lucky patients who are in her and her team's care.

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was very gentle and reassuring both when she broke the news of my cancer and in the subsequent appointments. Her reassurance and guidance concerning my treatment and the options available to me enabled me to make a well informed decision to have an autologous latissimus dorsi flap breast reconstruction. I was able to allow her some leeway with regard to the use of a small implant in my reconstruction if necessary as she had explained the details of the operation to me so carefully that I was completely confident that her experience and confidence in the procedure would give me the best result.

26th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Priory Hospital

I can't express how wonderful professor Carmichael and her team were this last week. I felt instantly at ease, listened to, informed and thoroughly cared for. Within an hour and a half of consultations and and tests I felt life could get back on track..I count myself blessed and thankful for negative results. There is nothing I could suggest to improve either professor Carmichaels natural affinity with those in need or her professionalism. Grateful thanks, keep up the marvellous work.

Short link to review Mrs Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c