Mrs Amtul Carmichael

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs.Amtul is the most striking person because she is a perfect combination of warmth, kindness and professionalism. This wonderful lady made me feel so much more positive about my surgery because I felt so well looked after. Her team are also incredible, I can't praise them enough for the considerate and professional care they provided. Mrs.Amtul listens carefully and explains well and is so reassuring, I can't recommend her and her team enough and they are a blessing to the NHS. I am so grateful for the exceptional care and treatment I have received.

6th October 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

The Breast Care Unit at Queen's Hospital, Burton-on-Trent, is exceptional in every way. Everyone on the premises is friendly, positive and highly professional. After my GP fast-tracked an appointment I was seen within days, and soon met Mrs Carmichael - and straight away I knew that I was in safe, friendly, supportive and highly professional hands. Her communication skills and her confidence helped me to understand each stage in the process towards a mastectomy. My early impressions were backed up by the obvious high standard of Mrs Carmichael's work, backed up by a skilled team - all of them passionate about their work. Just hours after my operation she was showing me some of her holiday photographs! Amazingly, the operation went so well that I could be discharged on the same day as my admission. How times change.

3rd October 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael completed a bilateral mastectomy with ancillary node clearance to my left side. Following consultation appointments, I felt totally at ease and knew I had the right consultant to complete my surgery. Mrs Carmichael whilst maintaining absolute professionalism is the most caring and empathetic person you could wish to meet. Surgery went as planned and Mrs Carmichael worked very hard to remove all lymph nodes to avoid reoccurrence of my cancer. Visiting me after surgery to make sure I was well and had everything I could have possibly needed. At my follow up appointment, she explained the next steps and when my next appointment would be. She will continue to review my progress for the next 5 years and I know I’m in the best hands. I would highly recommend Mrs Carmichael, my journey would not have been the same without her.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was easy to talk to, I felt that I could put my trust in her. She was very good at explaining what my opinion was and and advised me of the best option for me. It's only early days but very pleased with results. The finished job is exactly has she described. And I an now very happy and less conscious about my size different.

8th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Priory Hospital

I recently visited Professor Carmichael and could not speak more highly of the care and support I received from her. I found a lump on my breast and was very distressed when I went to meet with her. As well as feeling really concerned at the possible outcome of my tests, I was also really self conscious about being examined. To add to this, I felt embarrassed at the fact that I got emotional and couldn't contain my stress. I have to say that Dr Carmichael put me so much at ease, that she really distinguished herself from other medical professionals that I have consulted over the years. She took the time to advise me of the next steps in a cohesive, measured and informative way. She had the patience to ensure that I not only understood what she was saying, but also seemed to go above and beyond to alleviate my anxiety in what was otherwise a highly stressful situation. When she observed how stressed I distressed I was, she assured me that she would personally reach out to me with my results as soon as she had them. I imagine she is a very busy individual who meets a great number of people in my situation and possibly more difficult situations than my own, and yet she kept true to her word and called me with my results earlier than anticipated. I am really grateful to her, and whilst I don't often write reviews, I wanted to share my thoughts on this occasion. Professor Carmichael demonstrated an incredibly high level of professional capability which reassured me of her expertise. She also showed me a heartfelt level of kindness, giving me a sense of emotional safety in her presence.

Short link to review Mrs Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c