mrs-amtul-carmichael

Mrs Amtul Carmichael

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

14th January 2021

Dr Carmichael was sensitive and kind and understood why I was so worried. She was able to allay my fears as I was making myself ill with anxiety; she could see recognise this and was reassuring. I had to wait a week before I returned for my scan but my anxiety had massively reduced by the time I had the scan yesterday and confirmed that the lump was nothing sinister. Dr Carmichael saw me promptly and her sensitive manner made me feel like I mattered which I needed. I wouldn't normally consider going private but the NHS waiting list at the breast clinic is 8 weeks due to Covid. With my medical history, this is far too long so I was very happy that she saw me just 4 hours after I enquired about an appointment.

9th January 2021

Very clear and thorough throughout treatment Incredibly patient and explain everything very well

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
7th January 2021

I met Mrs Carmichael on the day on my surgery, from the minute I met her I felt calm and at ease. I don’t know what it was about her but you just knew she was going to take good care of me. I asked her questions which she took the time to answer, she allayed my fears and told me that if I wasn’t happy with the look of my breast that it would be sorted. I said I knew that shouldn’t matter but she said of course it matters you are a 50 year old woman with your life ahead of you. I felt calm going into surgery because I knew she cared enough about not only getting the cancer out but also how this would affect me personally. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node removal and when the dressings were removed I was so shocked at how it looked, the scar was neat, she had got both the cancer out and the lymph removal through one cut, which lies neatly under the armpit in a fold of the skin that I’m sure over time I won’t hardly be able to see. On my follow up appointment for results Mrs Carmichael got straight or the point and I was lucky enough for it not to have spread, she discussed my scar, next stages and never once made me feel rushed. Mrs Carmichael is not only an amazing surgeon in my mind, she’s a wonderful human being, she’s kind, considerate and understands the worries you might have. Her needle work is amazing and she’s a master of embroidery of the body if you ask me.. I hope you are not reading this review because you are directly affected but if you are try to stay calm, let Mrs Carmichael do her job she’s amazing but your trust in her!!

5th January 2021

I have attended Professor Carmichael's breast clinic on two occasions. She is most welcoming, reassuring and professional. I had previously had a bad experience with a disreputable doctor and Prof. Carmichael was very understanding of my nerves and has a very calm and reassuring manner, which immediately helped to put me at ease. What struck me most about Prof. Carmichael is her patience and how incredibly respectful she is. Not only is she an expert in her field whose opinion I trust, she is relatable and approachable, which in my scenario was just as important to me as her specialism. She made her expert knowledge accessible to me by actively encouraging questions and providing an enormous amount of clarity. She paid attention to detail and organised a wide range of tests, including a follow up test to ensure she put my mind at rest. I would whole heartedly recommend Prof. Carmichael to any nervous patients because of her professionalism, her expertise and her respectful nature. I feel very fortunate to have her as my consultant.

18th December 2020

This lady was amazing and gave me reassurace and Support during my treatment at Priory Hospital Birmingham she was eceptionally kind and helpful A brilliant specialist⁹

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mrs Amtul Carmichael was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mrs Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c