mrs-amtul-carmichael

Mrs Amtul Carmichael

16th August 2022

I cannot overstate how outstanding Mrs Carmichael was from start to finish of my time at Queen’s Hospital. Her calm manner and obvious considerable knowledge and expertise put me at ease and I felt immediately that I could trust her and that I was in safe hands. She demonstrated humanity and empathy in a way sometimes lacking in doctors, and was excellent in dealing with my emotional issues as well as physical. A wonderful woman, an incredible surgeon and exceptional human being.

9th August 2022

Mrs Carmichael was great with my anxiety and made me feel at ease. I am very happy with how my wound has healed and I was well informed about my treatment going forward. Thank you very much.

8th August 2022

Had a single mastectomy. Was treated with care and healed wonderfully.

15th July 2022

Mrs Carmichael is compassionate, professional and she listened too and acknowledged all of my concerns. I always felt like I was in safe hands and trusted her implicitly. My treatment choices were explained clearly and time was always given to reflect on what I had been told. I cannot thank her enough for her time and care

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby
14th July 2022

I had a mastectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy under the care of another breast surgeon in 2019. I had quite a number of problems following the first operation and found it difficult to contact my original surgeon for advice. I chose to have a second (preventative) mastectomy under the care of Mrs Carmichael. I was very worried about the surgical outcome and the care that I would receive, because of my previous experience. I shouldn't have worried! Mrs Carmichael is very nice, reassuring and has empathy. I can honestly say that I had minimal pain post-operatively, the scar is neat and flat, and I have full range of shoulder/arm movement. I work in healthcare so I know what good care should be - I would definitely recommend Mrs Carmichael - Thank you.

Mrs Amtul Carmichael was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mrs Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c