mr-zaher-toumi

13th May 2022

Amazing care from Mr Toumi from the start. He is exceptionally good with his patient care and explained everything in amazing detail, and answered all of my questions. He is an exceptionally skilled surgeon and I couldn’t have hoped for better care.

11th May 2022

I cannot recommend Dr Toumi enough ! I had Gastric Sleeve surgery on 28th March 2022 at Spire Washington . From the moment I went in to Spire I received fantastic care from his team and nurses . My room was modern and I felt like I was in a hotel. Mr Toumi saw me before my surgery and also straight after to reassure my everything had went well. After a good night and I was pain free , Mr Toumi was there early in the morning approx 7am to come and see me and see how I was - which I thought was exceptional! I cannot fault the after care of Mr Toumi and know that he is there if required . Every step from start to finish has been perfect! I have had an amazing recovery and feel great. I can honestly say this has been the best decision I have made and have no regrets at all . I had my 6 weeks check up with Dr Toumi yesterday and I am 3 stone down already . Dr Toumi has changed my life for the better and I cannot thank him enough . He is a genuinely nice bloke as well ! Thank you Dr Toumi !

11th April 2022

The results of my gastric bypass - performed by Mr Toumi - have exceeded my expectations. I never dared to dream that I'd experience the same weight loss success that I saw other patients achieve. But I've lost 5 stone in just 4 months after my op. Mr Toumi has been supportive throughout. He's always available via email if I have a question - not something I expected from a private healthcare provider to be honest! People warned me that aftercare wouldn't be as good as in the NHS - but I've had no complaints. He's also very understanding. He deals with people like me (and maybe you!) every day. So he understands our hopes, motivations, fears, stumbling blocks... He expects us to take responsibility for our weight loss but gives us the MOST amazing tool to help. My life has changed massively since my surgery. Yes, I've found the changes to my diet challenging at times. I don't really feel hunger anymore but I do still want to eat certain things. So that takes discipline to manage. And I didn't realise just how much of my life revolved around food as a hobby. So I'm having to find new ways to structure my free time. (And don't get me started on my saggy skin now!) But overall the experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I can walk much further and not get out of breath or experience pain. I am getting to the point where I don't have to shop in plus-size stores anymore. I'm not scared about dying within the next decade anymore! And, most importantly, I hold my head high when I walk into a room. I feel that Mr Toumi has brought me back to myself - the me I used to be - and I'll be eternally grateful for that.

14th March 2022

I could not reccomend Dr Toumi any more highly if i tried. I had been considering my surgery for nearly 1 year and i was just to nervous to book. I had not ever had any treatment from a doctor never mind being admitted into hospital for an operation so all of this was very over whelming for me. In November 2021 i finally decided to bite the bullet and book in my consultation with Dr Toumi. I attended the appointment at Spire Washington fully expecting to come out of the consultation saying it was not for me as i secretly thought i would scare myself into not going ahead. After meeting Dr Toumi i was instantly put at ease. He was very good at listening to my reasons for wanting the surgery and my reasons for my weight gain in the past and my continuing struggles now. He explained everything about the surgery very indepth and discussed everything from The pre op diet, to my administration into the hospital, to my discharge from hospital and also my ongoing life long aftercare. I came away from the consultation feeling very safe and secure that i would be in Dr Toumis Care. I finally booked the surgery 2 days later and my surgery date was 31st January 2022. A few weeks before the surgery i started getting extremely nervous and having doubts. I remembered Dr Toumi had given me a card with his email address on and he advised me to contact him at any stage if i was unsure about anything. I sent an email and got a responce within 1 hour and again instantly putting at ease. Dr Toumi was very reassuring and answered all of my questions and wanted to ensure i was as reassured and comfortable as possible going into this procedure. On the morning of my surgery the nerves really started. I was admitted into Spire Washington and was put in the most lovely private room with ensuite bathroom and flat screen TV. Dr Toumi came to see me a couple of hours before my surgery to see how i was and to run over a few things. He could see how nervous i was as my eyes were very full of tears due to nerves but he continued to give me nothing but complete reassurance. I was taken into surgery 17:40pm and when i woke up in recovery he came to see me and advised me surgery went well and that he was very happy with how it all went. Dr Toumi then came to see me again 6am the next morning to check how i was getting on and to check my incisions. I cant give enough praise on how polite and lovely Dr Toumi is, very professional and very knowledgable. After my discharge i had a couple of things to ask Dr Toumi with regards to my aftercare and again i had a responce in a couple of hours. I then went to see him on 8/3/22 for my 6 week post op check. Dr Toumi was very welcoming upon my arrival back at the hospital and was very pleased with my progress so far. I am now 7 weeks on and i have lost 2stone 7lb and i am extremely happy. I cant reccomend Spire Washington enough as it is beautifully clean, tidy and the staff are amazing and i would reccomend Dr Toumi to anyone who ever considered this surgery! I cant thank you enough Dr Toumi for changing and saving my life! Youve helped restore the confidence i once had.

12th March 2022

I can't recommend Mr Toumi highly enough . His knowledge and expertise in the field of bariatric surgery is second to none , and I knew I was in the most capable of hands after meeting him . The advice , support and care Mr Toumi shows before , and after surgery is outstanding and I am so pleased I chose this gentleman to carry out my bypass surgery. He has helped me to lose 6 stone in weight and essentially helped me to regain my life in the best way possible. I can honestly say if you would like outstanding care and support then Mr Toumi is the best of the best ! He really is your biggest champion throughout, kind , caring and supportive. I can't thank him enough for the amazing service he provides you really are treated as a person , not just a number .

Mr Zaher Toumi was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Zaher Toumi is a Bariatric and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon.

Short link to review Mr Zaher Toumi: http://iwgc.net/egexo