Mr Yvain Rumalean

24th November 2017

My care at the hands of this doctor was utterly disgraceful. I was taking medication following a one off psychotic episode which was giving me horrendous involuntary spasms through my body, tics which made my neck shake violently and my tongue roll so much I was terrified I was going to swallow it. I ended up in A and E several times as a result of these spasms being so bad I couldn't walk properly and I was also passing out. When I saw Dr R in a highly distressed state, I quoted the contra-indications on the medicine leaflet as I believed I had Tardive Dyskinesia, a possible side effect (potentially long term damage) of anti-psychotic medication. He dismissed this immediately with no discussion claiming that I had 'anxiety' causing these effects and instead ordered a brain scan (which was fine) and considerably increased the dose. Being in a highly vulnerable state, I accepted this and carried on taking this damaging medication, which he had increased, and my symptoms worsened but I had to endure it. When I eventually saw another psychiatrist, (several months later) they immediately confirmed Tardive Dyskinesia and took me off of it straight away. After a fortnight of horrible withdrawals, the terrible side effects disappeared and my spasms ceased, although I did retain tics in my neck for several months. Dr R also refused to discuss my anti depressant medication with me and was rude, un supportive, dismissive, patronising and ultimately his error in judgement meant that my trauma following an acute psychotic episode was prolonged for months by keeping me on the wrong medication and refusing to listen to my concerns. Now fully recovered for several years, I am grateful for my own amazing GP who is always open to my thoughts regarding my medication and allows me to feel in control of my mental health.

25th September 2016

Dr Rumalean was objective, pleasant and professional. Thoughtful as well. I have respect for him as he was not afraid to give his own opinion that was different to others. Time is slowly proving his diagnosis to be more likely than the others. He acknowledged collateral historians whilst understanding the limitations of basing a diagnosis on collateral historians, especially when those collateral historians are potentially biased, emotionally charged or have their own interests/perspectives, such as when they are part of a organisation (could be an employer or educational institution). He seemed to understand the finer academic points, benefits and limitations of psychiatric practice which helped to properly use the Psychiatric History in balance with Mental State Examinations. Did not produce unnecessary and sometimes downright dangerous diatribe and babble in reports that others have where they went off on far too many and far too large tangents delving into my life like Sigmund Freud wannabes (quacks). Other psychiatrists have made many false entries on reports from either not listening, rushing their report, or writing multiple reports after seeing multiple patients and confusing things. Dr Rumalean was holistic and thorough while being clear minded and accurate.

3rd June 2016

Absolute disgrace to his profession and was massively responsible for my daughter going to prison. The prison psychiatrist confirmed how unwell she was and she was then sectioned in court. He should be thoroughly investigated.!!!!! J.lawther

1st February 2015

Outstanding knowledge. Very empathetic and understanding. Leader in his field. Very good grasp of medical legal matters. I would highly recommend Dr Rumalean for any complex medical or legal matters.

Short link to review Mr Yvain Rumalean: http://iwgc.net/efzlf